IGNORED

HSC14 R11: Double D: Defender & DiamondZ 2

Double D: Defender & Diamondz 2

defender.png

After a long absence the ultimate classic sideways-scrolling intense blaster returns for HSC play! Play on "Normal" (select/f3), if you are a master and get to level 99 then you will win the round and then play on "Hard" for a bonus point battle ;) No autofire ;)

Keyboard ESC Pause, Space Smart Bombs, other keys hyperspace.

Fandal has "fixed" file version (not sure what was fixed, so eyes peeled) - Post #31 has all the details :thumbsup:

Diamondz 2

diamondz_2.png

The hidden gem from the last round was that Fandal released the sequel to the fantastic Diamondz on Flop Mag #60; good info on atarionline.pl. For infinite time type FREEZE for the level entry code, but please say when posting. Download from the man himself or checkout the Flop Mag Web Site :)

Extra Bonus Game - Prototype Defender

defender_prototype.png

Lets checkout the prototype version by a different author :thumbsup:

Round closes Sunday 9th July 2017 10pm UK time

GAME ON

• Like 1

Was always terrible at Defender, but to be fair didn't ever play it much because I didn't like it

I know this will take a lot of goes to get into it again, some people clocked the level counter before :-o (not me!)

I've added in another new game and made it 10pm on the last day :)

After about an hour I got the craving and had another Defender session 111K 131,775 (normal) ;-)

Diamondz 2: Just downloaded the 2 Flop #60 disks - great intro music turn up the volume :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The Flop Magazine Web Site has links and (language translation). The games are on disk 2 - type DOS, DIR then the filenames to load - or just download the game from Fandal's site link on 1st post :)

So far completed levels 1-3, using the codes is fine - perhaps a bonus point for the most levels from the start and the first person to complete the game this way?

So I just read the instructions to Defender. I'm sure I was getting an extra life every now and then but didn't see it mentioned in the instructions? Seems you get an additional 'Smart bomb' every 10k, I think maybe a life too?

Also every 5 levels, the number of 'humanoids' is reset to 10. Having not played this game much before I didn't even realise that if the aliens took all the humanoids from the planet it gets destroyed!

So I just read the instructions to Defender. I'm sure I was getting an extra life every now and then but didn't see it mentioned in the instructions? Seems you get an additional 'Smart bomb' every 10k, I think maybe a life too?

Also every 5 levels, the number of 'humanoids' is reset to 10. Having not played this game much before I didn't even realise that if the aliens took all the humanoids from the planet it gets destroyed!

Yes, the same idea in Dropzone it turns hostile and goes totally insane :-o if you get down to one man on the ground left stay and guard him.

Made it to level 16 - 227,425

Diamondz2 I'm up to level 13

:)

Space bar = Smart bomb

Any letter key (so not CTRL, SHIFT, TAB) = Hyper space

That's it as far as I know

Good to see the HSC tradition of ignoring the first post is alive and well :P :D

Escape pause - when paused can press start to restart or select to return to the title screen :)

Dope's already seriously raised the bar - my poor quickshot will be taking a beating tonight :-o

Some early scores:

Defender - 17300 pts

post-5454-0-63025100-1498772237.jpg

I was unable to run Fandal's "fixed" version on my 130XE. It boots fine and I can choose Normal mode with the Select button, but when I press Start, the screen just blinks and returns to the same view. Neither fire button does start the game, so I had to dig out an older version called Defender V5 with some kind of Polish trainier regarding unlimited smart bombs that I disabled. This version though runs fine.

Defender Prototype - 7600 pts

post-5454-0-55247900-1498772236.jpg

I got to level 3. This game is much less action than the (final) Atari version, but aliens appear also much more suddenly. First there are no aliens in sight, then they all pop up next to you. The humanoids are harder to accidentally kill, they take several shots unlike the other version where they'll die from one shot.

I was unable to run Fandal's "fixed" version on my 130XE. It boots fine and I can choose Normal mode with the Select button, but when I press Start, the screen just blinks and returns to the same view. Neither fire button does start the game, so I had to dig out an older version called Defender V5 with some kind of Polish trainier regarding unlimited smart bombs that I disabled. This version though runs fine.

I had the same problem (also on 130XE) will let him know to do a bit more fixing ;)

• Like 1