IGNORED

SNES Mini Confirmed

TPA5

I get $79.99 to make Starfox 2 and I hate making that game. It takes me a good 2 hours and I always have to "hope" it works. It's worth buying that just for that game. This has a much better line-up of games than the nes one did. I will try to get as many as I can.... If you can't beat them join them. Sorry lol.

I agree that Pilotwings is an odd one to leave out, but also that FF2 was the far better, even if shorter game but FF3 is no slouch and it'lll get attention. I bet my wife would camp out if I couldn't do it, but I'm not a camper for systems and games if I can get a preorder, otherwise I ride it out but damn you can't this time.

I don't think they'd do a GC and N64 is a stretch, but you already have a mini wii don't you?

I considered picking up that smaller non-internet Wii, but passed. I'm actually betting that they'll do a mini N64, almost guarantee it. SO many of today's gamers cut their teeth on that thing, I actually have a feeling it will sell just as well as the previous two. And if they did a Wii Classic, with preloaded games, that would be fun as well...but now we're talking games that are taking up more more space than just a few carts. Still, I'm sure there's a way.

When I say camping, it's not going to be too ridiculous...the Walmart here opens at 7am, so I'll probably show up at 3am. That was when the earliest NES campers showed up and I can handle four measly hours. What they do to combat scalping is the ticket system, so you can't buy more than one. This is why I'm so glad they're including two controllers, something the NES Classic should have had....those were like hen's teeth, far more rare than the system itself (and priced accordingly on ebay).

Don't you think a reasonable person would find that ridiculous?

If I can order one of these on Amazon like a civilized person, I might. If I can't? Oh well.

Ditto. If I can't get one reasonably, then I am just missing out on a few games that I don't own physically or purchased with the VC.

It would be better if it had all three Donkey Kong Country games, Final Fantasy 2 and Chrono Trigger, but that's still a nice selection for the price.

We'll see how good or bad the emulation is.

Edited by mbd30

the super everdrive WILL NOT play over a 1/4 of the games on that list. those 1/4+ games totals to about $150 for loose carts only (and that's not including the unreleased Star Fox 2)

So you're getting your moneys worth well before you reach the 21 titles.

Yep.. for reference, the SD2SNES ($200) cannot play these games:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Yoshi’s Island
Kirby Super Star
Star Fox

Star Fox 2

..Did I miss any?

• Like 2

Yep.. for reference, the SD2SNES ($200) cannot play these games:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Yoshi’s Island

Kirby Super Star

Star Fox

Star Fox 2

..Did I miss any?

That's correct. Mega Man X is the only title on that list the SD2SNES has over the Super Everdrive as far as compatibility

Between compilations and the Virtual Console, I already have the non Super Everdrive compatible games on modern hardware besides the Super FX games. And of those three, I own the two that were actually released on cartridge back in the day.

But it's still worth it to finally experience Star Fox 2 in finished form after waiting for over two decades.

Of you guys who have played Starfox 2 (e.g. via emulation or reproduction cart).. did you really get into it and play it seriously with any kind of depth, trying out all the skill levels, options, etc.?

I for one played the easy campaign on a repro cart, and after finishing it found it mostly "meh".. and put it aside and never played it again really. But it's interesting because the developer recently said "I hope people don’t think they cleared the game with just one playthrough! In that sense, it is a very unique game.”.. and that is exactly what I did. :P However I'd be curious if that statement would apply to the "final" fan-made version we all have, or it only on this "final" official one. And what would be the major differences for that matter. But whatever.. just fan-rambling. :lol:

• Like 1

Of you guys who have played Starfox 2 (e.g. via emulation or reproduction cart).. did you really get into it and play it seriously with any kind of depth, trying out all the skill levels, options, etc.?
I for one played the easy campaign on a repro cart, and after finishing it found it mostly "meh".. and put it aside and never played it again really.

That was largely my experience with it; I played through with a patch to make Starfox into Starfox 2... played it on easy and kind of thought "That was neat, I guess." Honestly, I've never understood the cult of personality that sprung up around Starfox, anyway. If there is a deeper experience there, that's cool.

Next mini from Nintendo, please the Pokémon mini mini, with all 10 (or 11) games built it

Yeah, and the weird Pokemon mini games... I think they had some Tamogatchi-like Pokemon handhelds early on into the craze. Those would be neat to see/archive.

Pokemon came about in my mid or late teens; I always figured that if it had come along when I had been a little younger, it would have really grabbed me permanently-like.

I get $79.99 to make Starfox 2 and I hate making that game. It takes me a good 2 hours and I always have to "hope" it works. It's worth buying that just for that game. This has a much better line-up of games than the nes one did. I will try to get as many as I can.... If you can't beat them join them. Sorry lol.

Don't you ever worry about getting busted "making" these counterfeits? I see that you were bitching that someone gave you negative feedback on Ebay because something didn't work right. Your Etsy store is full of bootlegs. Now you're bragging about your plans to scalp SNES Mini toys before they even hit the streets. Do you feel any shame or remorse whatsoever?

• Like 5

Well hopefully he's busted before he can scalp the systems for 3x their value. Sorry my butt. Lucky I'm not a moderator...

I've got one of those fakes I had a friend make over 5 years ago at cost plus a little extra for his time as it really does take about 2 hours to individually wire each lead off that FX chip back into a Stunt Race (or DOOM) cart. I went with Stunt Race as I'd rather it save the Pepper coins than not.

I for one played the easy campaign on a repro cart, and after finishing it found it mostly "meh".. and put it aside and never played it again really. But it's interesting because the developer recently said "I hope people don’t think they cleared the game with just one playthrough! In that sense, it is a very unique game.”.. and that is exactly what I did. :P However I'd be curious if that statement would apply to the "final" fan-made version we all have, or it only on this "final" official one. And what would be the major differences for that matter. But whatever.. just fan-rambling. :lol:

I have. I had to really dig into it. I think I said it in this thread earlier if not another, but I used to work for the gaming media online a decade ago and with AMN/Kombo before going into review writing I did editorial/research pieces and one of them was Starfox 2. I dug up anything at all I could on it plus used the ROM and played a lot of it on various difficulties. That's why I get annoyed when people call it boring, easy, meh... don't play it on normal (aka easy) wimps. If you go into the others it adds a whole new mechanic to the game with space viruses that will latch onto the Conerian defense platform and it will carpet bomb the crap out of the planet. You have to shoot them down at any cost before they get there, and when there, stop your plans, and disinfect the platform of the plague. COuple that with far more vicious AI, increased amounts of battleships, planets, rogue missiles, and patrols - plus a more vindictive wolf team and it's no push over.

I also couldn't whip out my wallet fast enough if that imaginary TG16 mini happened and it has Gate of Thunder, Ys Book1+2, and Dracula X on there.

• Like 2

Yeah, and the weird Pokemon mini games... I think they had some Tamogatchi-like Pokemon handhelds early on into the craze. Those would be neat to see/archive.

Pokemon came about in my mid or late teens; I always figured that if it had come along when I had been a little younger, it would have really grabbed me permanently-like.

If you want Pokemon, just wait for the N64 mini next year, will be full of them! He he he.

Someone should come out with a Turbografx mini that also includes Dracula X and Lords of Thunder. I'd buy that.

Everyone would, but again that's CD-based games that require more storage.

To all you people "mad" over scalpers. Nobody has scalped anything yet! Plain and simple. If you want one pre-order or get your ass in line. I generally don't buy stuff like this to resell, but why not? If Nintendo wants to limit this again, blame Nintendo. If Nintendo make millions of these and people waste their money and can't resell them well tough.

There is a simple fact here and that is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Obviously too many rich fan boys exist who would rather pay 3 times for something if it means they don't have to lose their beauty sleep. If Joe Billionaire decides it is not worth his time to go get one on release and it turns out to be limited again, he made that choice to spend 3 times the value.

I "could" NOT buy them but why not? Why should I sit back again and watch other people bank off people with money to blow? You all have the same choice to pre-order and stand in line as I do. So quit bitching and buy one this time.

• Like 1

To all you people "mad" over scalpers. Nobody has scalped anything yet! Plain and simple. If you want one pre-order or get your ass in line. I generally don't buy stuff like this to resell, but why not? If Nintendo wants to limit this again, blame Nintendo. If Nintendo make millions of these and people waste their money and can't resell them well tough.

There is a simple fact here and that is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Obviously too many rich fan boys exist who would rather pay 3 times for something if it means they don't have to lose their beauty sleep. If Joe Billionaire decides it is not worth his time to go get one on release and it turns out to be limited again, he made that choice to spend 3 times the value.

I "could" NOT buy them but why not? Why should I sit back again and watch other people bank off people with money to blow? You all have the same choice to pre-order and stand in line as I do. So quit bitching and buy one this time.

Guys, guys, guys. Don't blame me for being a flaming prick. Blame the company that enables me to be a flaming prick.

• Like 2

Fixed.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night, mate. Just don't "blame Nintendo" because you're an opportunistic, greedy person. Someone else's shit behaviour doesn't suddenly make your shit behaviour on the level/acceptable.

Edited by TPA5

Just don't "blame Nintendo" because you're an opportunist

When opportunity knocks answer the door.

We live in a capitalist society like it or not. I blame people every time something is limited. Just like when homebrews get released in limited form. That is stupid as shit. Then the person who made the game will be mad when it gets sold for 3-4 times what thet charged, unreal.

I will almost guarantee Nintendo themselves are the biggest scalper out there. They limit everything they sell. I would bet money they hoard a big stash and scalp it on ebay and such themselves. Think about it? Would they rather make one million units or make 300,000 and bank the same profits!

I guarantee you one thing. I'm not the only person reading this thread who is going to buy a few of these just in case, I may be the only one to admit it though.

• Like 1

Your Etsy store is full of bootlegs.

I have you filtered so I could care less about your response but lets clear one thing up fast and now.

There is a BIG difference between a reproduction and bootleg. My games are marked as reproductions. I do not sell bootlegs. a bootleg is something you sell as in to manipulate someone into thinking they are buying an original item when it is not. I really don't want this thread going there since there are 50 others already but get a dictionary. Yes I am complaining over the ebay neg and it is NOT because something doesn't work properly it is because someone just wanted to neg me. The item I sold works as advertised, someone fails to comprehend meanings of words. Freezing does not mean slowdown just as bootleg does not mean reproduction.

• Like 1