IGNORED

SNES Mini Confirmed

TPA5

Ah, gotcha, yes, I can see where that would be a problem. Go in late maybe? But honestly if you're buying it for yourself aren't you going to want to play it anyway? So stay home and enjoy it!

time = money

I'm salary but doesn't change the fact that if I go in late I still have to complete my work, and if I stay late then I cant get my responsibilities done at home, or if I do, I have no down time and then osgeld gets overwhelmed and really some shitty arm chip in a chunk of plastic is not worth it

I already have the games, this mini concept makes it more convenient, but yet its not cause now I am frothing over websites, cherry picking locations, showing up at minimum an hour before the store opens, rush in like a GD barbarian on a temple of virgins, for what? seriously what?

A chance to buy one dumb-ass toy, covered in blood from a nun who was just trying to get one for the village orphanage so that she may bring a smile to a child's face for once in its life

I don't have time for that shit

My personal efforts for the NES mini, which I actually wanted, unlike the SNES mini, was "oh I need to get a gallon of milk, might as well get it at walmart and check, gee surprise, they do not even have a empty spot with a price tag on it, oh well"

I bought a pi3 instead

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 2

Honestly, never understood people willing to wait in line for hours and when I first heard of people doing it for money I was like wow thats crazy but hey good on you mate if you can make a few bucks to help yourself out kudos to you my friend. That to me shows motivation and entrepreneurial spirit and I for one can respect that.

Beats the hell out of people sucking the system dry who choose not to work and instead work the system (while I myself am not on permanent disability, both my Wife and I have had our fair share of disablement over the years, but not yet to the point where we can't keep plugging along and work). So I know how hard it can be to make ends meet when you want to work, but just can't.

Here's to some fool offering you $600.00 to wait in line! :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words. It's a tough situation when you'd like to work but are too sick a lot of the time (I missed several chances at getting an NES Mini because I was just too sick to leave the house on the days stores got shipments in) and if you do actually do any "on the books" work then you immediately forfeit your disability benefits, which are really just enough to pay the bills and buy food with less than $100 leftover each month. So sometimes you have to get a little creative if you want to improve the quality of you and your family's lives. I do feel a little bad about it sometimes, but historically Nintendo has been pretty good about providing just those kind of opportunities for off the books work that I can actually do; and at this point it's looking like the SNES Mini is going to be another one of them.

But I also don't think it will be as popular in general with the public, because while we gamers all know about the SNES, most of the masses from that period certainly do not. The iconic NES was a household name...the SNES was popular, but not to that degree (not that it wasn't any good of course, it's just that the NES was such a game changer and lasted so very long in the public conciousness). So, the only plus will be perhaps demand won't be as massive this year, which may translate into a better chance for us to get one without as much difficulty.

I disagree greatly. Snes has a much higher demand than nes does. If you look at the game line-up between the 2 systems, the snes game list blows the nes list out of the water. Doing simple math Earthbound alone is worth more than every nes classic game there.

Nobody was beating a door down to get balloon fight or donkey kong. However getting Earthbound, SOM, FF3, Mario RPG, and tossing in SF2 never released. This thing is liquid gold.

I think Nintendo will make more than nes classic but in my opinion they could triple what they made for the nes classic and they would still vastly under estimate the market for this thing.

All I know is I am going to try like hell to get 1 and hopefully more. I wouldn't mind having 2 one to hoard in new condition unopened and 1 to play.

eh ice, its supply and demand

honestly the only people I have seen demand earthbound are uber nerds, most of the people I knew that owned a SNES played mortal kombat, street fighter, fzero, and madden (same with sega)

Edited by Osgeld

riiiight.... All those SNES collectors who are going to want the official release on cart waving money around, and you a self described opportunistic capitalist are just going to ignore them.

:lolblue:

It's too damn hard It takes too damn long to make LOL. I only sell 3-4 a year and every time one sells I ask myself why the hell do I keep relisting this, so last time I didn't.

Hey, I'm poor and on permanent disability, so if someone wants to give me $200 to get up a few hours early and go sit outside a store for a couple hours I'm not going to turn it down. My discretionary spending budget is usually around $75 a month, so that's nearly 3 months worth of spending money to me. And even if I wasn't poor it would still be hard to say "no" to someone saying that they'd give you $200 just to go sit down somewhere for a couple hours. Unless you're already rolling in money that's just too good of an offer to pass up.

Edit: I should add that I know a fair number of people will be displeased with my perspective and consider it predatory behavior, but I would like to point out that I am not forcing anyone to pay $300 for a SNES Mini. They could go get one for $80 just as easily as I could, even more easily in fact if they owned a car and didn't have to take public transportation. But if they feel that $300 is an acceptable price for one of these things and don't want to get up early or wait in line for a couple hours then I'm not going to argue with them. It's easy (and much needed) work for me and will go a long way towards buying my family Christmas presents.

I don't see anything morally wrong with your or icemanxp300's behavior. If I were to have an exhaustive list of everything I would consider immoral then,"Thou shalt not buy things with the intention to resell them for profit." wouldn't be on there. Stealing, killing, defrauding, and other things like that for profit would be but buying and selling? I don't think so. If that could be considered immoral then I may as well consider making a profit for any reason immoral because it doesn't get much more legitimate than that.

• Like 2

I'm only interested in what Star Fox 2 rom they've got stashed in there. It's my understanding the one commonly used for repro carts is some patched together deal based on a mostly complete version. It'll be interesting to see if they use the one that was fan translated/patched. Or if they've got an actual legit final build.

Seconded. Really looking forward to updating my repro cart and finally playing the final version.

Sadly, there are already a bunch of repro carts in the wild that will never be updated. This supposedly inferior version will be around forever. Because Nintendo waited so long to release it, now many people will only experience the inferior version of their product.

Better late than never.

• Like 1

Not really sure what the point of this move was rather than just going the conventional route with Wiimote controller ports taking the place of SNES style ports (When it's out of the box, it's setup with controllers plugged in, not left unplugged). But here's how it looks with the controller port door down.

original.jpg

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

This is indeed weird to me. Why not just put the Wii port on the front of the SNES and call it a day? That's what the NES did, and it didn't look odd or out of place. The SNES connectors are distinctive, but they aren't really iconic. I'm sure anyone would forgive the minor alteration to the aesthetic. Plus, not having the door flap would save 20 cents per unit, which is of course of major interest to Nintendo.

• Like 2

Not really sure what the point of this move was rather than just going the conventional route with Wiimote controller ports taking the place of SNES style ports (When it's out of the box, it's setup with controllers plugged in, not left unplugged). But here's how it looks with the controller port door down.

original.jpg

I agree. Or drill a hole in the center and make it look like the controllers are built in. Would be cool.

This is indeed weird to me. Why not just put the Wii port on the front of the SNES and call it a day? That's what the NES did, and it didn't look odd or out of place. The SNES connectors are distinctive, but they aren't really iconic. I'm sure anyone would forgive the minor alteration to the aesthetic. Plus, not having the door flap would save 20 cents per unit, which is of course of major interest to Nintendo.

I thought the Wii ports on the NES Classic Edition looked odd and out of place. I thought it should've had actual NES ports and actual NES controllers.

My Argos order is holding firm so far, no cancellation yet! But I did see the news about it, but I think I ordered early enough in the process to still be allocated one.

I have you filtered so I could care less about your response but lets clear one thing up fast and now.

There is a BIG difference between a reproduction and bootleg. My games are marked as reproductions. I do not sell bootlegs. a bootleg is something you sell as in to manipulate someone into thinking they are buying an original item when it is not. I really don't want this thread going there since there are 50 others already but get a dictionary. Yes I am complaining over the ebay neg and it is NOT because something doesn't work properly it is because someone just wanted to neg me. The item I sold works as advertised, someone fails to comprehend meanings of words. Freezing does not mean slowdown just as bootleg does not mean reproduction.

A bootleg is a reproduction sold without copyright approval. Ergo most repros sold are bootlegs.

• Like 5

My Argos order is holding firm so far, no cancellation yet! But I did see the news about it, but I think I ordered early enough in the process to still be allocated one.

A bootleg is a reproduction sold without copyright approval. Ergo most repros sold are bootlegs.

It's just semantics he uses to try and justify the behavior, that's all.

I don't pirate movies, I provide quality cinema on a budget.

I don't run a chop-shop, I'm a car parts procurement officer for the second hand market.

I don't make bootleg SNES games, I provide reproductions.

etc..

etc..

Here's a question iceman, if Star Fox 2 was never PRODUCED. How can what you've sold in the past be a REPRODUCTION? :P

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 2

In general people associate bootlegs as something claiming to be originals when they are not. That is what I am saying. I am not trying to sell as real, I'm not trying to screw anyone. Reproductions are generally not considered bootlegs. Plus lets get into the legal terms below.

Here's a question iceman, if Star Fox 2 was never PRODUCED. How can what you've sold in the past be a REPRODUCTION? :P

Right. It is a reproduction of the original rom, which obviously exist. It's all semantics in the end. Like something like Zelda Parallel Worlds technically is not a reproduction because it never existed. Was copyright violated by hacking A Link to the past... Yes.

Listen I'm not justifying anything, do I know I did not buy rights to produce these. If Nintendo, Sega, or whoever gave a shit they would have stopped this 10 years before I started doing it.

However I will say one thing. Legally majority of these companies gave up all rights when they failed to do something about it 10 years ago when people were selling fakes, hacks, translations, and so on. There is MANY reasons why these companies let what happens happen. One is they like the publicity and two is they waited too damn long to have a legal claim on something they don't even care about these days

Here is just a quick search on latches.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/estate-elder/b/estate-elder-blog/archive/2012/01/26/doctrine-of-laches-means-you-are-quot-out-of-time-quot.aspx

Lets face it Princess Rescue is PRIME example that Nintendo can and WILL do something when they want to.

In general people associate bootlegs as something claiming to be originals when they are not.

So let me get this straight, if someone was selling blu ray copies of Logan on a street corner, as long as they printed "reproduction" on the packaging it wouldn't be considered a bootleg? :lolblue:

You and I both know that's a load of crock. I'm pretty sure the courts wouldn't make a distinction either.

• Like 2