IGNORED

Vectrex 3D-Imager For Sale

Tempest

I've decided to put my Vectrex 3-D imager up for sale. It's loose, but comes with the 3-D Minestorm color wheel (no cart though) and works just fine (tested with my multicart). The foam on the headrest is starting to breakdown (a common issue with these), but is still intact. The unit is in good shape otherwise. I have absolutely no idea what to ask as all the price data I can find is for boxed units, so please make a fair offer.

Imager.jpg

• Like 1

when I got my imager, I used some packing tape like a lint-brush to only remove the particles of the headband breaking down. worked great

Yeah I thought about doing that. It seems that this is a common problem with all 3D Imagers.

I've decided to put my Vectrex 3-D imager up for sale. It's loose, but comes with the 3-D Minestorm color wheel (no cart though) and works just fine (tested with my multicart). The foam on the headrest is starting to breakdown (a common issue with these), but is still intact. The unit is in good shape otherwise. I have absolutely no idea what to ask as all the price data I can find is for boxed units, so please make a fair offer.

Man, if you had the box for this I'd buy it in an instant. Anyways, I'm sure you'll still get a nice sum for it. I assume your plan is to sell this and use some of the cash to replace it with a Medtronic imager to retain the functionality:

http://www.madtronix.com/en/order.html

Man, if you had the box for this I'd buy it in an instant. Anyways, I'm sure you'll still get a nice sum for it. I assume your plan is to sell this and use some of the cash to replace it with a Medtronic imager to retain the functionality:

http://www.madtronix.com/en/order.html

Yes that's the plan

What's the average price a loose imager goes for these days? I really have no idea what to ask.

Yes that's the plan

What's the average price a loose imager goes for these days? I really have no idea what to ask.

I'd reckon around $300-$500 for a working loose Imager nowadays. You might also want to check over here at the primary independent Vectrex forum:

http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/board/20/vectrex

...they also gave a For Sale section that some higher-end stuff gets sold in.

Whatever you do sell it for will be enough to cover several Medtronic imagers, which really do work just like the originals. You won't regret switching to them.