IGNORED

9640 Boot Menu questions

aftyde

Just some questions about the differences between BOOT and 9640 MS.

On boot, with the PGRAM+ card, on save, it asks what dsk to save to, then it asks if I want to save in save in GRAM: 6 (the default), then it asks if I want a powerup - which I say Y to and from that point forward the TI starts up in the BOOT menu. This is a great feature.

However, on the 9640 Boot Menu app (which I like much better) the process is similar. I set up my apps, then save, and it asks if I want to save to XB27 GRAM, then BOOT or JIMS, then DSK (1).\

However, I have no idea what saving to XB27 GRAM accomplishes or how to use it?

Ideally - I'd like it to load from the PGRAM+ just like boot. Instant awesome menu - however, at the moment it seems I am stuck with older less awesome boot menu.

Ideas or thoughts?

I do have the XB27 Suite cart - but fail to see anything there that relates to the 9640 Menu system.

Cheers, Art...

There should be a thread here on AA related to using the GRAM load function. I don't have the info at my fingertips.

That screenshot looks like some test code I was working on to improve compatibility with Classic99 and other higher-level clock functions. Is the time/date accurate? If it is, send me the program files via PM and I'll compare to what I have here. It might be a quick fix.

Further development has been on hold for a number of real life reasons.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 1

Understood - sent you the files. If the development environment isn't too complex - I'd be willing to take a crack at adding some features and such. If there was a way to use the F18A from BASIC I'd be tempted to write my own menu and compile the thing.