IGNORED

dead paddles on Ultra Pong Doubles

bradhig1

One of the paddle controllers that came with my Ultra Pong Doubles console doesn't work. The paddle won't move. I cleaned the pot and still it won't move. I tried it in all four ports and tried the ports with the other controllers and it won't work while the other controllers work in all ports. Should I just get a new controller?

One of the paddle controllers that came with my Ultra Pong Doubles console doesn't work. The paddle won't move. I cleaned the pot and still it won't move. I tried it in all four ports and tried the ports with the other controllers and it won't work while the other controllers work in all ports. Should I just get a new controller?

Did you open it up? Those things had pretty thin wiring; maybe there's just a wire break or something that needs a quick resoldering?

I'd say "just get a new controller," but they don't turn up by themselves very often--you'd more likely have to get another system in order to get controllers.

Otherwise just use a paddle from your Pro-Am Ten. They're the same controller. :P

• Like 1

Should I just get a new controller?

No. Get a multimeter and place it across the two outside pins of the potentiometer set on ohms in the 20k scale, well, highest scale actually to start off the pots may be high value not sure. I'm not sure what the value is supposed to be on those pots it may be 10k ohm and if so the meter should read around that. The next thing is to test from the middle to one side to make sure there isn't a problem with the wiper as well, the resistance should change as you turn the knob. If the first check was okay and the second the wiper should also check good with the other side but you can go ahead and check it as well if you'd like. If those check good then maybe either a break in the wire you can't see under the insulation or a problem with the pins on the plug or something. But if the pot checks bad look for a replacement pot to put in it. I looked up the numbers on the pot and couldn't find anything that matched so you will probably have to check one of the other controllers you have to make sure you get the right value.

This may or may not work you would have to check with a multimeter a good controller pot but here is an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jameco-B-10K-OHM-1-2-Watt-Linear-Round-Shaft-24mm-Potentiometer-10PCS-208-/263013281689?epid=1626764150&hash=item3d3cd02f99:g:kHkAAOSwfRdZLwV4

Also some of the pots have a flat side on the shaft for the knob to slide on so you have to make sure you get a pot that matches that as well.

Edited by SignGuy81