IGNORED

The cartridge slot cover is annoying

Rick Dangerous

Anyone pulled or cut theirs off yet, or found a better solution?

I find myself switching games less because i know I have to dig out the cart cover with a fingernail rather than just pressing down on the cart like my 3DS.

I love having carts again but man is that cover a pain... I suppose they did it as an "anti-dust" remedy to help prolong the system life and cart readability.

Still...wish it was just an open slot. How hard is it to just leave a cart it.

Anyone pulled or cut theirs off yet, or found a better solution?

I find myself switching games less because i know I have to dig out the cart cover with a fingernail rather than just pressing down on the cart like my 3DS.

I love having carts again but man is that cover a pain... I suppose they did it as an "anti-dust" remedy to help prolong the system life and cart readability.

Still...wish it was just an open slot. How hard is it to just leave a cart it.

The designer of the Jaguar is vindicated.

• Like 4

I don't like it either, but I'm used to these sorts of covers by now... my PS Vita has the same thing, and various DSLR cameras I've owned have had a similar rubber cover for certain ports.

I used to be afraid that eventually fatigue would set in and the rubber would crack or break, but that has never happened to me on any device I've owned. So I don't worry about that anymore, at least. But it is still a pretty fiddly design that I don't like to have to interact with.

I also don't really understand why it needs to be covered when the 3DS doesn't, unless it's because it's on the top of the Switch. But I'd have loved to have seen something more like the N64 or Atari XL's - I don't know why there can't just be a little spring loaded door that automatically opens and closes when a cartridge goes in and out, and that leaves the cartridge itself to fill the space in when it's inserted.

Edited by spacecadet