IGNORED

How much are you willing to pay for a game?

MrBlackCat, what D!Zone are you missing?

D!Zone 75 in the "Picture Box"... I have the "Skull Box" only of the two 75's.

I just googled it real quick to insert an image of it, but didn't even find that. Yeah, it's rare. I have only seen it a couple of times ever, in others collections. I don't think I have ever seen it in the wild. Could have been a non-US only or other regional release of some kind.

I would really like to have it... so on topic, how much am I willing to pay for it? I don't even know that myself... depends on my budget at the time I find it I suppose. I don't HAVE to have it, but as far as I know, it would be the completion of my D!Zone for DooM collection... and that has a substantial value to me.

This is a good example of why, in my case, I would not be able to just throw out a number of how much would I pay for a game... but to answer the OP in the context of my position, I could say what is the most I have ever been willing to pay for any game... going to look at my eSnipe account for that one. <insert some time here> It seems I am crazy... I forgot about a couple of those. I will just leave it at A LOT! At least in the past. Most of the expensive stuff has been PC FPS's pre-Windows though. Doesn't mean I got them, but I have been outbid when I was at many hundreds of dollars... but I was willing to pay that at the time. At least those few extra-high ones I didn't get, so it shows me I was on track with what their value was to others as well as myself.

MrBlackCat

Edited by MrBlackCat

D!Zone 75 in the "Picture Box"... I have the "Skull Box" only of the two 75's.

I just googled it real quick to insert an image of it, but didn't even find that. Yeah, it's rare. I have only seen it a couple of times ever, in others collections. I don't think I have ever seen it in the wild. Could have been a non-US only or other regional release of some kind.

I would really like to have it... so on topic, how much am I willing to pay for it? I don't even know that myself... depends on my budget at the time I find it I suppose. I don't HAVE to have it, but as far as I know, it would be the completion of my D!Zone for DooM collection... and that has a substantial value to me.

This is a good example of why, in my case, I would not be able to just throw out a number of how much would I pay for a game... but to answer the OP in the context of my position, I could say what is the most I have ever been willing to pay for any game... going to look at my eSnipe account for that one. It seems I am crazy... I forgot about a couple of those. I will just leave it at A LOT! At least in the past. Most of the expensive stuff has been PC FPS's pre-Windows though. Doesn't mean I got them, but I have been outbid when I was at many hundreds of dollars... but I was willing to pay that at the time. At least those few extra-high ones I didn't get, so it shows me I was on track with what their value was to others as well as myself.

MrBlackCat

Oh ok. Wasn't sure which one that is. I bought this one new back then.

post-57257-0-44551100-1500779865_thumb.jpg

Well I paid $35 for a Wii game today. I haven't paid 1/4 that for a Wii game in a long time but it's one I've been hunting. Got it at GameStop of all places. I've never found it at any of a number of other stores I've checked. One store said another of their locations had it but it was $55 so when I found it at a GameStop in Michigan I had to jump on it.

Edited by homerj

Well I paid $35 for a Wii game today. I haven't paid 1/4 that for a Wii game in a long time but it's one I've been hunting. Got it at GameStop of all places. I've never found it at any of a number of other stores I've checked. One store said another of their locations had it but it was $55 so when I found it at a GameStop in Michigan I had to jump on it.

What was it?

I'll tell ya what I saw in the last couple days at the local chain ma and pa which I won't pay for... $1400 sealed Panic Restaurant, and another location had $1400 for Little Samson cart only. Also had a few hundred on a cart of Zombie Nation at that one, the first had multiple sealed games running from $100 and up depending how popular/unpopular they were. Plexiglass aside was 1" from the panic and the other 10~ games in that spot. Sickened me how far things have slid into the crapper you see a price tag like that on an old NES game.

• Like 2

When I look around my game room, it isn't the cost of the games that jump out at me. I like merchandise from my favorite games. I always have, and that is where some fairly large single chunks of budget goes.

Sure I have a lot of different DooM games (for basically every system it would run on) but as far a single expense, this exceeds the cost of most any single games I have bought...

th_DooM%20Diorama_zpsyh8ophuu.jpg

Same with Duke Nukem... I enjoy most every Duke Nukem game, as might be evident from this older image...

th_05-09-2012DukeStuff03.jpg

But I love the "everything else", and that is where I probably spend more money than the actual games. Maybe not overall, but in larger chunks. :)

th_05-09-2012NukeInstalled01.jpgth_DSCI0317_zps499d12e8.jpg

th_05-17-2015%20Duke%20Nukem%20Statues%2

I don't really know my limit on a most desired game for my collection, but it probably is lower than my limit on merchandise from my favorite franchises.

MrBlackCat

But I love the "everything else", and that is where I probably spend more money than the actual games. Maybe not overall, but in larger chunks. :)

th_05-09-2012NukeInstalled01.jpgth_DSCI0317_zps499d12e8.jpg

th_05-17-2015%20Duke%20Nukem%20Statues%2

I don't really know my limit on a most desired game for my collection, but it probably is lower than my limit on merchandise from my favorite franchises.

MrBlackCat

I'm digging that radioactive mat. :cool:

Also please tell me that Duke Nukem Credit Card isn't real. It have a VISA logo, embossed emblem, and the chip reader, so a convincing fake at that. I can't make out the details in the thumbnail to see if it's real or fake since Photobucket doesn't load properly on the Gamepad. If it is a real card, you might want to get the number changed, just saying... :ponder:

Nevermind. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPNGfirrPcU

I sometimes wonder about all of this money I have spent on this hobby. Imagine if I invested it all in some high quality dividend growth stocks like MCD, PEP, KO, PG, XOM, CL, KMB, T, GPC, MMM, GIS, K, YUM, and so forth just ten years ago. I probably could buy twice as many consoles and games today. Oh well, life goes on as they say. Can't live in the past.

Edited by thadsilverfox
  • Like 2