IGNORED

Anyone need 250 copies of Combat?

thanatos

It's cool how the more common carts are repurposed and live again as new games/variations/etc.

A local guy has a bunch of 2600 & related games (it's where this broken Odyssey cart came from), but they're in really rough shape. They've basically been kept in squalor, covered in filth and dried leaves in plastic milk crates. He's tried to push them on me (along with his crate-o-NES sports crap) for a while, but honestly they are in such terrible shape (dirt common games, as well) that I've never bothered.

If you just need the shells, though....

It's cool how the more common carts are repurposed and live again as new games/variations/etc.

A local guy has a bunch of 2600 & related games (it's where this broken Odyssey cart came from), but they're in really rough shape. They've basically been kept in squalor, covered in filth and dried leaves in plastic milk crates. He's tried to push them on me (along with his crate-o-NES sports crap) for a while, but honestly they are in such terrible shape (dirt common games, as well) that I've never bothered.

If you just need the shells, though....

I can tell you right now that I probably would be able to use very few of these carts, if any at all. If they've been "kept in squalor, covered in filth and dried leaves", the carts are probably filthy and stained. Due to the textured nature of the carts, it's very difficult to get them clean. While some non-minimal amount of effort can be made to scrub carts clean, most carts like this you'll never get completely clean. At some point it's just not worth the time involved.

..Al

• Like 1

I can tell you right now that I probably would be able to use very few of these carts, if any at all. If they've been "kept in squalor, covered in filth and dried leaves", the carts are probably filthy and stained. Due to the textured nature of the carts, it's very difficult to get them clean. While some non-minimal amount of effort can be made to scrub carts clean, most carts like this you'll never get completely clean. At some point it's just not worth the time involved.

..Al

Yeah, makes sense. I'm really into refurbishing/polishing, but even I know when I've run across a 'lost cause'. I might have a look at them, though, just to see if anything is salvageable. Maybe the stuff towards the top can be saved.

It's a damned shame, but I've experienced it before. I've picked up entire stacks of vintage (mistreated) comics/magazines only to have them literally disintegrate in my hands. :_(

post-61233-0-34045800-1499518159_thumb.jpg

I'm not big on texting strangers, but I can try shooting an email if he doesn't get back with you guys.

But it's further away than I first assumed (thought it was a local suburb), like an hour+ away. With my work schedule I doubt I'd be able to go for a couple weeks.

I'm not big on texting strangers, but I can try shooting an email if he doesn't get back with you guys.

But it's further away than I first assumed (thought it was a local suburb), like an hour+ away. With my work schedule I doubt I'd be able to go for a couple weeks.

Never got back to me