IGNORED

Side 2 Help

Xebec

Hey folks - is the behavior of the SIDE 2 supposed to be --

Switch is in DOWN position -- It *always* boots to SpartaDOS X ? Even if there is a CF card inside?

I have a few 800XLs -- and the SIDE 2 rarely boots into SpartaDOS X with the switch down. It seems to be more successful when I flip the switch back and forth a bunch, and then power off/on the system. If i pull the cartridge and put it back in (system off of course), it'll boot back into the loader (no SD-X), even with the switch still down. If there's a CF card inside, it will *never* boot into SD-X mode.

On my 130XE I can *never* get SpartaDOS X to load.

Note -- it was this same cartridge that I could never get the .ATR loader to work in combination with my U1MB. (Unfortunately my U1MB is attached to a dead 800XL.. so when the spirit arrives and tells me I have good enough soldering skills, I'll move it to another 800XL..).

Thanks all!

My SIDE2 seemed to exhibit the same problem, until I determined the hole in the case for the switch wasn't quite big enough, and not allowing the switch to slide all the way down. A little enlargement of the bottom end of the hole with a fine drillbit solved my problem.

My SIDE2 seemed to exhibit the same problem, until I determined the hole in the case for the switch wasn't quite big enough, and not allowing the switch to slide all the way down. A little enlargement of the bottom end of the hole with a fine drillbit solved my problem.

Duh - I should have thought of this. The SIDE 2 is consistently booting to SD-X now on my 800XLs.. (Tested by removing the cartridge case temporarily). Thanks very much!

The 130XE also boots to SD-X but locks up after saying "Ultimate Clock Installed"..

Check the switch's physical clearance from obstruction (the case), and you may also want to spray some deoxit type contact cleaner in the switch and work it back and forth 20-50 times.

I will definitely do this in addition to dremeling the case in the morning - thanks Kyle!

• Like 1