IGNORED

Apps & Utils You'd Like To See For: Atari GUI

MrFish

I'd love to bury my head at the desk and bang this one out in the next couple months, even in DOS, if I had the time.

For now, I'll just be monkeying with layouts and learning how the real McCoy is supposed to function. I've been using TI graphing calcs for years; I always knew about the HP's, but this is really the first time I've closely looked any. This is a really neat machine, and, as you can see, it's a really nice screen fit for the Ataris -- although some of the text is probably a bit tiny for some folks.

Maybe a bit small when viewed on the average CRT monitor in the day, but for a lot of people still playing with the real hardware their screen size has probably gotten a bit bigger if you follow my drift.

- Michael

Maybe a bit small when viewed on the average CRT monitor in the day, but for a lot of people still playing with the real hardware their screen size has probably gotten a bit bigger if you follow my drift.

One argument lodged against the whole GUI project asserted that blurry composite monitors of thirty years ago would have rendered most of the graphics illegible. Indeed, the commentator claimed that was the reason he decided his own GUI wasn't worth completing. LOL.

• Like 2

Yes, we live in a different day and age when it comes to viewing quality on these old machines. I'm just saying that these designs are pushing the limits. I've already been viewing things on my 13" CRT -- which is currently my one and only Atari display -- in order to keep in touch with my own reality.

One argument lodged against the whole GUI project asserted that blurry composite monitors of thirty years ago would have rendered most of the graphics illegible. Indeed, the commentator claimed that was the reason he decided his own GUI wasn't worth completing. LOL.

Well, that argument stinks. :D

I guess all I can say is, I'm glad not having someone with that mindset working on GUI's anymore. :thumbsup: