IGNORED

Best source for controllers?

Karl G

Where is a good source for working joystick and paddle controllers? If I were able to, I would get both from atgames, but they are sold out of both at the moment. I got two sets of paddles from there for my girlfriend's Atari, and they work great. I tried to get paddles off of ebay, but despite claims that they worked great, they jitter like many old paddle controllers do.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I recommend cleaning the paddles also. I have three sets and none of them worked right when I bought them, but a quick clean and they were all as good as new. I've heard from a couple of people that contact cleaner, sprayed into the pots on the paddles will get them working without having to take the pots apart, but I went ahead and did it the hard way, just to make sure I got all the gunk out. ;-)

If you buy ANYTHING from BestElectronics, you won't go wrong. Get the Best GOLD Lifetime Joysticks. The price may seem high, but you really can't beat fully refurbed and upgraded joysticks. I rebuilt a set of mine, using the Gold Lifetime PCBs and went ahead and bought the other parts (boots, inner handles, fire buttons and springs) from eBay. It saved me a little cash doing it that way, but I already had the joysticks to rebuild. I use these joysticks all the time now and I couldn't be happier with them. There's a nice tactile "click" in every direction and the fire buttons work great. These are a more responsive than the factory sticks ever were. :-D

• Like 3

I have also done the Best Gold rebuild kits and they resurrected my childhood CX40's. I did clean all 3 sets of paddles I had. One turned out perfectly the other 2 I still have some jitters or non responsiveness. When I ordered my rebuild kits from Best I went ahead and ordered a pair of lifetime pots paddles because I new I had SCAA and Medieval Madness coming and they are dead on accurate. Even if I suck at both games I cant blame the paddles because they just work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Our controllers deliver high quality arcade controls to both the Atari 2600 and 7800. You can find them in the AtariAge store!

https://www.atariage.com/store/

I second this fully. If you want the absolute BEST controller go with an Edladdin. I have the Edladdin Supreme 78 All-Play 4/8 and it is amazing. Ed is currently building me a Super Twin 78 and I can't wait to get it.

If you want the best go with Edladdin. If you want your classic controllers to be the best they can be, go with Best Electronics like I stated above.

• Like 1