IGNORED

OT: Photobucket (3rd Party Hosting)

Opry99er

I noticed it when looking at the 1st post in the Competition page... 3/4 of my pictures are blanked out. I go to Photobucket, and it tells me I need to subscribe to a premium package to use 3rd party hosting...

I've used Photobucket for almost 10 years on multiple forums. This is insane

• Like 1

I have always used any forum's local storage for items that I post that belong on that forum, otherwise my personal server breaks down to like 4.99 a month if I pay up front for 2 years, and I have been doing that since 2005

that gives me and my wife and most of my *immediate family "cloud" space for photo storage, personal websites what ever it dont matter I got a TB of storage and unlimited bandwidth for 120 bucks every couple years, its not hard to keep a macro in the spreadsheet budget to hold back 5 bucks a month, I usually end up wasting more than that in the vending machine ever since they put in card readers (them bastages)

I see now my 2005 era 5 bucks a month package unlimited plan is now 7$ a month on hostmonster, but still the 5 bucks a month paid up front plan is still quite ample for most family use, I actually hosted a handful of sites back in the day and the price was right, kind of got grandfathered in

*like my wife mother and father, and if they want their own domain name they pay for it ...**well my wife doesnt heh

** my wifes sims blog has consumed 5.8gig this month alone and its only 10 days into this month geez

Edited by Osgeld

So, Photobucket no longer allows embedding of photos onto forums--Only with a $40/month subscription.... WTF????

What are you all using for this?

When I post on AA, I typically just use AA for storage. When posting, click on the "More Reply Options" button, which will take you to a more "advanced" posting screen. From there just attach any images as files and they show up in the post as thumbnail attachments. See below for examples:

post-47499-0-83155900-1499775243.png

post-47499-0-93147500-1499775313.png

• Like 2

I have an old blogspot blog that I stopped updating when "do no evil* " Google took it over (along with taking over youtube and nearly every other user independent user-generated content site on the planet).

Now I just post pictures to it when I want something here to be viewable to everyone (attached pictures are only viewable if one is logged in)

* (cybertrivia: the whole "Do No Evil" Google mission statement is an urban myth. No one at Google ever said it or used it as a guiding principle. Good thing too!)

-not that selling the world's browsing history to the highest bidder, and steering searches to affiliates is intrinsically evil.

• Like 1