IGNORED

Hardware Problem - Rapid Power On/Off

I turned on my Panasonic FZ-1 3DO today after a few months of not touching it. It has been plugged in the whole time. When I hit the power button... sadness. No power LED. At first I thought it wasn't coming at all but then I realized I could hear a noise. Looking closely I determined that the power LED is coming on for a split second and then shutting off in a rapid cycle. The console "whirs" each time it does this. I have no idea what is going on with it. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Nothing. Hitting the eject button does nothing. Has anyone ever seen this issue before? Is it likely I need to replace some capacitors? Thanks for any assistance.

Well I have discovered that if I leave it unplugged for a while (5+ minutes) it will power on once. If I leave it on I can play it all I want. Once I turn it off and attempt to power it on again the console will go into the rapid power cycle loop. I do believe that some bad caps are the problem. Console5 has a cap kit for $11. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the kit.