IGNORED

Are YOU onboard for... TI ONLY DAY?

Omega-TI

--- TI ONLY DAY ---  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you onboard for TI ONLY day?

• YES! Count me in it sounds like fun.
    • NO. I cannot pry myself away from other things to join in.
    • Maybe. No promises, but I'll try.
    • Other. Dunno why this one is here (yet), but something usually comes up.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I continued scanning piles of floppy disks with Kryoflux. I believe I have found a few gems.

I wish I had not used Barry Boone's Archiver on source code collections, because one bad sector has obscured a whole thing instead of just taking out a screenful or so.

I used TI Workshop and the 40 column editor to take notes on all the ideas I had.

But this is all on Classic99.

• Like 4

I'll be working tomorrow, but I'll be here in the evening!

Nice. I guess I'll be sleeping by then. :|

I might do an hour early and one or two in the evening.

Guess we can just add stuff and thoughts in this thread as time flies by. :)

Here are some corresponding times:

Copenhagen (Denmark)

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 23:00:00

CEST

UTC+2 hours

New York (USA - New York)

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 17:00:00

EDT

UTC-4 hours

Los Angeles (USA - California)

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 14:00:00

PDT

UTC-7 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT)

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 21:00:00

• Like 1

I may not have the mental capacity for it tomorrow. I spent my morning today in the ER. Kidney stone. I'm now on pain killers that make it hard to focus on much of anything. Can't even play video games.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy recovery! We'll be right here so come on back when you can.

• Like 1

I may not have the mental capacity for it tomorrow. I spent my morning today in the ER. Kidney stone. I'm now on pain killers that make it hard to focus on much of anything. Can't even play video games.

Sorry to hear that. Thought about taking a look at your ZOMBi game. ;)

kidney.stone.jpg

Otherwise preparing here for best case scenario. I'll have guests most of the day though. No chance of "TI Only Day". MAME Arcade Cabinet is being put on the overall to-do. I may begin here in a week or two. :)

carlsberg.black.gold.png

• Like 2

Thanks guys, well I passed the stone late last night but I'm a day behind all the things I was supposed to have done in order to make TI ONLY day happen. So I have to get to it now. Perhaps I'll be on later doing TI only stuff. depends on how quickly I can make up for lost time. I was planning on starting a rewrite of Zombi to overcome the performance issues of having 4+ zombies on screen at once.

• Like 3

I didn't sign on for TI Only day. I use my TI systems EVERY day but both systems are connected via serial to my Compaq Armada 7800 running dead, dead, dead Windows 98se. I swap all kinds of files back and forth and really don't "TI" without the PC.

Anyway, Something that's bugged me for some time now is documentation on TI disks. Almost all the TI shareware, freeware, etc came with the documentation on disk, which makes perfect sense for the author. I have REAMS of docs from all the stuff I've collected thru the years. I wanted a better way to archive all this stuff, I have looked for software that would allow an Epson compatible serial print from the TI (with graphics, as needed) to the PC and save off as a pdf. I've yet to find anything.

But, through some hoop jumping I have discovered I can transfer some docs.

This is what I did yesterday - as well as fooling around with one of my new FG99's (awesome Ralph) and of course working on Yesterdays News.

cribsheet.pdf

3 page cribsheet that's been around forever.

BHXP1.pdf

Documentation for BHXP1 Experimental Aircraft flight simulator.

I am going to attempt to do more of these as time allows.

• Like 4

I didn't sign on for TI Only day. I use my TI systems EVERY day but both systems are connected via serial to my Compaq Armada 7800 running dead, dead, dead Windows 98se. I swap all kinds of files back and forth and really don't "TI" without the PC.

Anyway, Something that's bugged me for some time now is documentation on TI disks. Almost all the TI shareware, freeware, etc came with the documentation on disk, which makes perfect sense for the author. I have REAMS of docs from all the stuff I've collected thru the years. I wanted a better way to archive all this stuff, I have looked for software that would allow an Epson compatible serial print from the TI (with graphics, as needed) to the PC and save off as a pdf. I've yet to find anything.

But, through some hoop jumping I have discovered I can transfer some docs.

This is what I did yesterday - as well as fooling around with one of my new FG99's (awesome Ralph) and of course working on Yesterdays News.

attachicon.gifcribsheet.pdf

3 page cribsheet that's been around forever.

attachicon.gifBHXP1.pdf

Documentation for BHXP1 Experimental Aircraft flight simulator.

I am going to attempt to do more of these as time allows.

These are awesome, genuine searchable PDFs... I have used Fred Kaal's HDX server to print from TI (TI-Writer/Formatter) to PDF, but I don't recall if that produced searchable PDFs, or if it ended up being all graphics... What technique are you using?

-M@

• Like 1

If the doc file has formatting I run it thru TI FORMAT but send it my Myarc 512 to save it off as a DV/80 file. I then send it to my PC using HDX (I do not have the HDX with the daughterboard on the RS232). Once it's on the PC I convert the TI DV/80 to a PC file using Fred Kaals wonderful TI99DIR. Once that's done I load it into Word and tidy up all the pages to my liking. Then I print the file using Adobe Acrobat Distiiler to end up with a pdf.

Presently, If there's any graphics/artwork involved I try to kludge my way thru using PagePro(or one of the other software pieces). Hence the desire for a genuine Epson compatible converter from TI to PC, which would make the artwork stuff much easier.

• Like 3

I did some TI stuff, was redesigning the main graphic sets for the CRPG, which meant viewing them on the TI monitor to see how they looked. My plan right now is to generate all content (maps, monsters, items, dialogue, etc) for the first game disk of four, which is about 25% of the game. Then I'll complete the AMS conversion work of the engine around it.

I'm killing a few sacred cows on the way with graphics; single width pixels look fine in emulation but in NTSC are more their luminosity with a taste of color. So I redesigned my dirt tiles to be 2x1 pixels in places to make them more prominent. I also dropped my five character pattern cavern walls in favor of one. Since I went MSX style multicolor, they looked just flat and boring.

I also got a new monitor from eBay in the mail but to my disappointment, it's green monochrome. I contacted the seller (who failed to note this in the description) and they gave me an immediate full refund! With no return necessary! Not bad... I don't dislike a green monitor, so I'll keep it.

That was my TI day... :)

• Like 2