IGNORED

Alien Lander.. Anyone have it?

Keatah

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any interest in creating an image (if you have the equipment) or shipping the disk only to me to to create an image? I have a ton of apple images but that one isnt one of them. I have both a device side and a kryoflux so i am capable of creating the image of the file. And then i will also send it to the archivist sites who still need it.

Edited by pimpmaul69

I don't advocate custom containers. Like it or not, if a file/game/information/whatever isn't available to the general public it can't really be considered preserved. It's "locked away" an inaccessible.

There are thousands of new images made available in A2R format, whatever that is. But it is useless to the average hobbyist. There aren't any converters to go from that format to something the general public can use. Alien Lander is somewhat better in that it is in the WOZ format - a couple 2 or 3 emulators are beginning to support it. And perhaps yet another. So not so bad there. But forget making a disk of either of the formats for use on real hardware.

That's one reason why I despise things like the Kryo, and especially the attitudes surrounding the societies that have grown up around it. Again, reasons.

• Like 1

I don't advocate custom containers. Like it or not, if a file/game/information/whatever isn't available to the general public it can't really be considered preserved. It's "locked away" an inaccessible.

There are thousands of new images made available in A2R format, whatever that is. But it is useless to the average hobbyist. There aren't any converters to go from that format to something the general public can use. Alien Lander is somewhat better in that it is in the WOZ format - a couple 2 or 3 emulators are beginning to support it. And perhaps yet another. So not so bad there. But forget making a disk of either of the formats for use on real hardware.

That's one reason why I despise things like the Kryo, and especially the attitudes surrounding the societies that have grown up around it. Again, reasons.

i 100-% agree about preserving them. It isnt preserving it if they arent made public. I do like internet archives but yeah i prefer useable formats that arent limited to a specific format useable by very little. I am 100% for public releasing of them. The nice thing with stuff that can be ripped with a kryoflux can be ripped to useable format and can be ripped back to disk with the kryoflux.