IGNORED

Tunnels & Trolls for ColecoVision, any update?

There was a post on here back in 2014 about 3 different people (groups?) working on Tunnels & Trolls, a ColecoVision game that never happened. There have been a few pictures and screenshots over the years leading us to believe that it was almost completed way back when. I'm curious, does anyone know who and if someone is working on it?

This looks like it could have been on a standard cartridge:

tunnelstrolls_ad.jpg

And this looks like it could have been a Super Game:

tunnels-and-trolls.png

Either version looks FANTASTIC!

Edited by JustinMSalvato

I have no involvement with any of these projects, but I suspect that licensing would be a bigger hurdle than actually writing the code.

With RPG games, it goes beyond just character names and graphics, the whole game mechanic is someone else's intellectual property.

Sure, enough elements could be changed to completely avoid the T&T rights, but then you have created just another generic RPG.

It looks like they are still selling some old DOS games, so there may be a reluctance to license a competing title:

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/software.htm

• Like 1

I have no involvement with any of these projects, but I suspect that licensing would be a bigger hurdle than actually writing the code.

With RPG games, it goes beyond just character names and graphics, the whole game mechanic is someone else's intellectual property.

Sure, enough elements could be changed to completely avoid the T&T rights, but then you have created just another generic RPG.

It looks like they are still selling some old DOS games, so there may be a reluctance to license a competing title:

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/software.htm

I didn't realize it got made into a game at all. Thanks for the heads up!