IGNORED

Classic Computer And Gaming Expo

etownandy

I've hinted around about this previously, but it looks like this show of mine is now a go!

The Classic Computer And Gaming Expo ("CAGE") is slated to be held next year, Saturday, August 11th, 2018 in Elizabethtown, KY.

While open to all manner of electronic computing and gaming devices from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I definitely would love a good TI presence.

Taking a page from the MUG playbook, the show will be FREE to vendors, exhibitors, and attendees. It'll likely be a small affair - the rooms I've looked at booking hold about 18 tables each and I've potentially got two rooms, so we'll see if that's enough.

Depending on how many tables get requested, it's entirely possible that we'll set up one room for small seminars and demos.

I'm currently looking around for vendors and exhibitors - people with something to sell or something to show off. I'll have a table myself with MAME, Raspberry Pi, and various emulators running on a flash card installed in a Nintendo 3DS.

Elizabethtown is a small city of about 40,000 residents in central KY, easily accessible from I-65 and less than an hour's drive South from Louisville.

My own TI hardware collection is extremely limited - a console and a partially full PEB - no F18, no AMS, no Flash carts...none of the recent cool stuff. I'd LOVE to have a 99er table.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CAGE-of-Central-KY-259003814582850/

GoFundMe (to help offset costs of renting the venue, printing, t-shirts, etc): https://www.gofundme.com/classic-computing-and-gaming-expo

• Like 2

It's a 10 hours drive but being over a year away i may be able to make this. Just can't commit at the moment and i would love to be an exhibitioner. My console would be the daily use one I have with F18A, nanPEB, USBkeys and finalGrom99 if I can make it happen. remind me when the date gets closer and you need confirmations. I can turn it in to a week long vacation and visit some folks I know along the way to soften the drive.

Yeah, it's a TAD premature, but since I have to rent the venue a year in advance, I figured I might as well announce it. No clue how big or small this is going to be, but I'm hoping getting word out sooner rather than later will help. It would be awesome to meet some of you, for sure, and Louisville itself is a nice place to visit if you want to make a weekend or more out of the trip. There's not a WHOLE lot to do in Etown itself, although there is a nice waterpark/pool for kids, a lake with canoe and paddle boat rentals, etc. Bourbon Barrel Tavern is a nice place for refreshment, and Wicked Eye Woman is a neat local restaurant.

Louisville, of course, has numerous museums (Speed Art Museum, Louisville Science Center, Muhammad Ali Center, Frazier Museum, Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory) and lots of restaurants to try out.

• Like 1

Elizabethtown is a small city of about 40,000 residents in central KY, easily accessible from I-65 and less than an hour's drive South from Louisville.

A little OT, but I was born about 30 miles due west of you in Kingswood—a much smaller “town”.

...lee

A little OT, but I was born about 30 miles due west of you in Kingswood—a much smaller “town”.

...lee

Small world, huh? Lima boy originally. I came to Etown the long way around (through the East, Lexington, Richmond, Louisville). I'd still be in Louisville, but drugs, crime, housing costs, and traffic finally got to me. I never thought I'd end up in a place SMALLER than Lima, but here I am. Don't get me wrong, Louisville is a fine place with lots of really nice people, but it has the same problems as any large city. It's a fine place to visit, I just didn't want to live there anymore.

Edited by etownandy
  • Like 1