IGNORED

what do you think atari is going to achieve this time since they are back?

Since i first heard of atari before e3 2017.

they first revealed they are "back from the dead" and they said "we are back in console hardware business"?

so i been thinking what do you think on what kind of plans they are going to achieve and what goals they have in mind this time?

I won't make any posts about atari box, since they are already there.

But, what do you guys think they have in mind?

i mean with nintendo doing the switch, lol.

i find that name a funny name, lol. nintendo had switch things up, lol.

Microsoft is looking like there still in competition against sony, but having there own console that will now play all backwards compatibility.

sony has psnow, ps4, ps4 pro & ps vita.

so what about atari? what about them?

what are they aiming for this time?

With there alliance with blade runner sequel.

what are they trying and planning on doing for the future plans?

i was not expecting Atari to come back this soon, lol.

i was caught guard when this happen, lol.

they fully surprised me.

i was originally thinking there was only 3 competitors: Nintendo, Microsoft & Sony.

But, now with Atari joining possibly?

what do they mean by "modern games"?

they have Speaker Hats too, whatever those are?

where do hey get the money for all of this?

i mean, i know the owner got atari out of bankruptcy.

How are there financial results?

Sorry for many questions.

i'm just puzzled and shocked since a month ago.

just like what 3d realms did and white wolf studios.

Both came back from the dead as well.

thanks.

Ribbed or wood design. Both sounds dirty.

Will play classic and modern games.

Video guesses a ARM processor or Android style games, but not like Assassin's Creed or those level of games. Guessing a Merlin quad core set. Guessing it would be competing with the power level of the Nintendo Switch.

This video the guy cannot wait till the release. Believes it will run a version of Android able to run 2600 to Jaguar.

Believes it will have 30 built in games due to the Nintendo Switch, and then have other games that can be downloaded later.

Tegra chip or 3399 Rock chip is speculated.

Hopes for a Tegra X1 chip.

Thinking of 32 gb of storage.

two to 4 gb of ram.

Capable of displaying 4K.

Guessing $199

Guessing $150

---------

I'd buy one. :D

post-4709-0-46891300-1500767999.png

post-4709-0-90143800-1500768008.png

post-4709-0-47118000-1500768019.png

post-4709-0-50700300-1500768029.png

post-4709-0-60348000-1500768042.png

• Like 1

Given the well known (and then not so publicly known too in more detail) unstable owner/leader of the current Atari -- whatever ends up appearing in the end is likely to be a fairly cheaped out, oddly handled, and ultimately halfassed venture with a trail of human fury and wreckage behind it with those who dirtied their hands on the project.

That said, if it did happen to materialize and did something neat, personally I'd like to see it be a be-all end-all Atari box -- Any console/computer (2600, 5200, 7800, ST, Lynx, Jag, arcade...you name it) the real Atari put its hands on gets emulated, HDMI-ified, and other android level goodies of emulation to make it one hell of a piece of equipment -- basically in a way an atgames crusher as far as what ATGames had been able to do so far within their limitations. Not just a 2600/7800 HD box, but a bit of everything that can be tied down owned or re-licensed once more. That would be fairly interesting.

Realistically though probably just another android box that'll knowing the greed behind it be like Ouya with its own stupid store front as if we need another of those.

• Like 1

I love Atari, but they died long ago. As near as I can figure, even their holding company has little directly to do with this, and they're simply licensed their name and possibly gaming properties to 'some schmoes.' Those 'some schmoes' seem to have an idea for 'some device' which is so dismally bad, that they feel it needs an Atari badge, of all things, or nobody will want it. Let's stop and meditate on that for a second or two.

They love showing lots of evolving case renders, so I suspect that if those 'some schmoes' had much else to tell us about it, they'd spill the beans instantly. It could even be that they don't know much more about Ataribox than I do, but maybe, if we all crowdfund them extra-special hard, they'll start to figure out what they just sold us. Looking at the joke of a wix website, I'm also guessing that 'some schmoes' don't have anybody technical on their "team," which could be as small as one solitary dreamer who got dollar signs in his eyes after hearing that nintendo's latest crap sold out.

and yes, it's slightly possible that I'm a little jaded from the endless stream of garbage emu-boxes that are kick-funded daily--most of which are crapped out a lot more competently than this one. This is either a really weak product, or a slightly more competent trolling attempt, trying to show us how hungry the gaming media has become for those sweet, sweet dramaclix.

Also, let me know if I'm behind on my ataribox information. I totally could be, because I got sick of trying to figure this one out weeks ago, and I'm not going to wade through hours of speculation videos hunting for morsels of facts. Life's way too short to waste doing that. I can think of nothing this box could be that would warrant any level of hype at all.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 4

Also, let me know if I'm behind on my ataribox information. I totally could be, because I got sick of trying to figure this one out weeks ago, and I'm not going to wade through hours of speculation videos hunting for morsels of facts. Life's way too short to waste doing that. I can think of nothing this box could be that would warrant any level of hype at all.

This one, 10 millions time over .... generation YT is causing everyone to WASTE hours looking to pointless videos in search of "morsels" .... I so much loved when it was mostly text, skim thru it and see if it is just fluff .... can't do that with videos much especially if there's no time based thumbnails (not that it matters for "talking heads" style anyway, it's the same "fugly face" in front of some wall of vomited retro-bilia, seriously put a plant in there, a fern, it'll liven up the basement).

Back to Ataribox, it's funny as they say "we are not teasing" .... OK then I am not typing this message on AtariAge ... how's that for bullshit!!!

EDIT: obviously I am overly generalizing the retro YT content generators (and I am using the word content cautiously) in order to achieve a dramatic effect .... so don't feel like I singled you out as I did NOT.

• Like 3

I love Atari, but they died long ago. As near as I can figure, even their holding company has little directly to do with this, and they're simply licensed their name and possibly gaming properties to 'some schmoes.' Those 'some schmoes' seem to have an idea for 'some device' which is so dismally bad, that they feel it needs an Atari badge, of all things, or nobody will want it. Let's stop and meditate on that for a second or two.

They love showing lots of evolving case renders, so I suspect that if those 'some schmoes' had much else to tell us about it, they'd spill the beans instantly. It could even be that they don't know much more about Ataribox than I do, but maybe, if we all crowdfund them extra-special hard, they'll start to figure out what they just sold us. Looking at the joke of a wix website, I'm also guessing that 'some schmoes' don't have anybody technical on their "team," which could be as small as one solitary dreamer who got dollar signs in his eyes after hearing that nintendo's latest crap sold out.

and yes, it's slightly possible that I'm a little jaded from the endless stream of garbage emu-boxes that are kick-funded daily--most of which are crapped out a lot more competently than this one. This is either a really weak product, or a slightly more competent trolling attempt, trying to show us how hungry the gaming media has become for those sweet, sweet dramaclix.

Yes the bold parts most definitely. Once something shows a glimmer of interest, hype can take over, and hype can feed itself more hype and it snowballs.

Personally I don't believe anything worthy of housing the Atari spirit is going to happen here. The true essence of Atari is captured in:

1- Original VCS and 8-bit hardware, to a lesser extent the ST lineup.

2- Emulator Stella and Emulator Altirra - both high quality recreations that work here and now.

3- Perhaps the flashback consoles, people seem to always be interested in them.

4- Atariage, we all know the goodness that happens here.

So, yeh, present-day atari may not be all that bad in and of themselves. Just misguided and focusing on the wrong things. Focusing on things we're not interested in. It's what happens when you put monetization and business before the magic. You see, because, the magic came before the profits in the early days. And that's what we're after. Not Speakerhats and renders shrouded in mystery.

But, hey, if they like making noise in the press. Well then that's their thing.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

Given the well known (and then not so publicly known too in more detail) unstable owner/leader of the current Atari -- whatever ends up appearing in the end is likely to be a fairly cheaped out, oddly handled, and ultimately halfassed venture with a trail of human fury and wreckage behind it with those who dirtied their hands on the project.

Does anyone think this has reached Mad Max Fury Road levels yet? Those youtube nuts are going at it full speed!

That said, if it did happen to materialize and did something neat, personally I'd like to see it be a be-all end-all Atari box -- Any console/computer (2600, 5200, 7800, ST, Lynx, Jag, arcade...you name it) the real Atari put its hands on gets emulated, HDMI-ified, and other android level goodies of emulation to make it one hell of a piece of equipment -- basically in a way an atgames crusher as far as what ATGames had been able to do so far within their limitations. Not just a 2600/7800 HD box, but a bit of everything that can be tied down owned or re-licensed once more. That would be fairly interesting.

Realistically though probably just another android box that'll knowing the greed behind it be like Ouya with its own stupid store front as if we need another of those.

Well yes realistically we don't know what it is. And anyone that claims they do is essentially full of shit. Atari themselves might not even know.

With some time and effort, anyone can build a premium high-quality AtariBox themselves. It's called an SFF (small form factor) PC. You use a premium case, not some outgassings from a ratty 3-D printer done by a kickstarter. You equip it with industry-standard components, so that you may effect repairs or upgrades. You add the appropriate arcade controls and interfaces like iPac, Stelladaptor, BlissBox, X-Arcade sticks and anything else you care to customize in.

You'll be rewarded with being able to play..

1- Atari VCS

2- Atari 8-bit computers, 400/800, XL/XE/XEGS series, and 5200

3- Much of the 16-bit lineup 520/1040ST and others

4- 7800

5- Lynx

6- Jaguar

7- Arcade (especially the 70's and 80's classics)

.. with 1, 2, 4, and 7 being totally outstanding in accuracy, reliability, ease-of-use, and just plain pure fun. A fast i5 main processing unit will pull you along nicely and put on a good show. And you'll have the operating system(s) of your choice.

You will learn a lot during construction, and that in and of itself is a reward. You can start with one system and every now and then add in another. Slowly building it up over the winter season. Best of all it is a very real system. Not some pie-in-the-sky render. And "plans" are all over the internet, left and right!

You can even get a small processing box like a digital signage module (fanless) and work from there. Most are SFF too.

But ya'll need to put some work into it. It's either that, or keep farting around watching youtube previews about vaporware!

I just want the wood grain case to put a raspberry pie in to make into the ultimate emulation Atari game playing machine.

If this fails can they at least sell this case to us?

Or partner with AtGames and sell a ultimate Flashback in this case. I do like the look.

post-4709-0-94028100-1500790642.png

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

I just want the wood grain case to put a raspberry pie in to make into the ultimate emulation Atari game playing machine.

Mmm.. no you don't. You might like the case but you don't want to fart around with the Pi. It's really underpowered and won't give you a premium experience. Just build a nice 4GHz i5, emulators like IPS. And the newest i5 rigs can run on low power.

• Like 1

I'd buy that.

Les schmoes, s'il vous plaît!

Atari est une société globale de divertissement interactif et de licences multi-plateforme.
Atari, constitué d’Atari SA et de ses filiales, est un groupe global de divertissement interactif et de licences multiplateforme. Véritable innovateur du jeu vidéo fondé en 1972, Atari possède et/ou gère un portefeuille de plus de 200 jeux et franchises, dont des marques mondialement connues comme Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, ou Test Drive®. De cet important portefeuille de propriétés intellectuelles Atari tire des jeux attractifs en ligne (via un navigateur web, sur Facebook et en téléchargement) pour les smartphones, les tablettes, les autres terminaux connectés. Atari développe et distribue également des loisirs interactifs pour les consoles de jeux de Microsoft, Nintendo et Sony. Atari met également à profit sa marque et ses franchises avec des accords de licence via d’autres média, des produits dérivés et l’édition.
Atari est coté sur NYSE Euronext Paris (compartiment C). Cette partie du site internet met à disposition des informations plus spéfiquement dédiées aux actionnaires, aux investisseurs et aux professionnels des marchés financiers.

Out of all the French companies with a Japanese name full that holds old American trademarks from the 1970s, Atari is my absolute favorite.

• Like 1