IGNORED

So thinking about some of those modded A8 games...

Bloodcat

You know like the superlative tweaking of Donkey Kong and the like.

Why hasn't anyone done this to Spelunker? You know take the gameplay of the A8 version and maybe try fitting in some of the graphic and musical style of the NES version for the best of both worlds?

A game that is fun to play and has a good charming look!

It just seems like one of those no brainer things though it might be mad hard to do.

• Like 1

Particular Spelunker is imho perfect as it is. I was everytime astonished on that precision in gameplay and presentation, when playing the game. OK, one thing nagged me : The Titlescreen always made me read "SPEI.UNKER" instead of SPELUNKER ;)

I'd rather like to see a "corrected" version of Alternate Reality.

The presentation of the 3D world is odd and in no way equal to what the Atari CAN do.

In the City, the ugly usage of the DLIs destroys also the look and feel.

And, well, all on cartridge with only a need for a floppy for saving the game progress.

• Like 1

Particular Spelunker is imho perfect as it is. I was everytime astonished on that precision in gameplay and presentation, when playing the game. OK, one thing nagged me : The Titlescreen always made me read "SPEI.UNKER" instead of SPELUNKER ;)

I'd rather like to see a "corrected" version of Alternate Reality.

The presentation of the 3D world is odd and in no way equal to what the Atari CAN do.

In the City, the ugly usage of the DLIs destroys also the look and feel.

And, well, all on cartridge with only a need for a floppy for saving the game progress.

Yeah, that's great, but while you're at it, make it run from the hard drive instead of swapping disks. A single large ATR would be awesome!

• Like 1

The Nes Spelunker like so many of it's other games looks like it was tweaked to appeal to 5 year-olds. The music is a joke.

The Atari original is what it needs to be.

The game engine is pretty simple, IMO a remake would be a good idea. Made in the spirit of the original of course. Improve the graphics, add extra tools, have a bigger overall game world.

The graphical intro version at least does use some encryption which might have provided some barrier to reverse-engineering. It is a game that screams out for a level editor but I can't recall ever seeing or hearing of hacks for it.

An graphical update would be nice, I personally like the NES versions graphics, I'm not really a music guy so I can't comment on it from memory.

That and Jumpman would be really nice but then you get the whole dilemma of should you interfere with a classic......Its an awkward one but if done right I think would be nice addition to the games legacy.