IGNORED

OKlahoma Gaming Exhibition or OKGE

-^CrossBow^-

This is the official announcement that this event will happen. A place has been set and I think it is very decent for a first time show.

The event will be September 20th which is a Saturday so that should make it easier for more people to come and attend.

It will be held in the rather large conference room of the Best Western in Owasso, Oklahoma. This isn't the largest room ever, but it can hold 100 people easily enough, and I figure that only about 50 will even come. That includes the vendors!!! So it should be plenty of space.

An official webpage will be done of course but I have to have time to do all of it...hehe.

I can tell you that price for admission to this first time show will be free of charge to those who want to come and see. The price for Tables will be free for those who only wish to show their collections or trade. If you wish to actually sell anything be it extra systems or whatever, then that will run you $10 a table. There is a limit of no more than 2 tables per person to be used right now. If closer to the show, there are tables left, then we can talk and see about having more tables.

Again, an official webpage with all the details will be done as soon as possible. What I need in the mean time is for people to email through my email address here and let me know if you plan on coming to show stuff or whatever, and how many tables you want, ( 1 or 2 ). That will give me a better idea of the layout so I can submit that to the Best Western closer to show time.

Also the Best Western has a deal for those coming from afar. They will offer me a discount of at least $10 per room for those coming to the show. Just mention the show at the time of reservation. If more people book more than 10 rooms there...there is a further reduction.

I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing any of you at the show!!!

:)

Precisely why I scheduled it in September...and not June, July, or August...hehe..

Typically we are out of the season by the beginning of September...and they are pretty rare that time of year.

usually....that is.

But yes, we have all been flying over the rainbow a bit too much here lately...ugh.

:wink:

I'll be there...I plan on bringing at least 1-2 Playstations with some import retro compilations, 1 or 2 Odyssey 2 consoles with some rarities and imports, and possibly the original 1972 Odyssey with all the goodies. Really, the only thing that'd limit me on the number of things I could bring would be the number of TVs/monitors I have. :D

well..I plan to bring in my Sears Intelly, Dev Modded 7800, Sega Genesis +32x, 5200, and probably my CV. I have others of course...but that is about all I can hook up to my one TV at once. You guys can finally see my ultimate gaming TV. I swear Sylvania invented this thing in 85 with gaming in mind. hehe..

:D

Ermmm, how many twisters typically go through OK during September???

:ponder:  ;)

As a rule, not as many as have passed by my house this May. :o

Seriously, as summer gives way to fall, tornado season gives way to high school football season. Depending on the team, this can be even more of a disaster than tornado season. Late September is actually quite nice around here.

Just a Quick note. Would the 20th of September work better for most people? I am only stating this as there might be those who have plans for the 27th or something else going on. If enough people want the 20th then I can move it up a week for the 20th. I just have to let the Best Western know ASAP to get that day before it is taken.

Just let me know...thanks!

:)

Okay, as the topic states, the new date of the OKGE is now September 20th. Still a Saturday, and it was moved as I was informed I might get at least two more people who stated the 20th works better for them. I really can't change this again, so the 20th is the new firm date of the show. Also, it would appear that at least 5 or 6 tables are spoken for. I only have about 20 that I think will even fit in the place and so far it is strictly exhibitors. I would like to leave about 5 or 6 avail for any vendors who may wish to come down or up depending on where they are placed in the world..heh

Atari 2600

Intellivsion

Vectrex

Colecvision

Jaguar

3do

Gamecube

Dreamcast

Handhelds to include

Game Gear, Sega Nomad, not classic but I like it Gameboy Advance

and my Retro Handhelds.

I personally hope the place it not too packed with people or resellers

I just want to hang with other classic collectors and drool over there stuff

I dont have multiplayer on the Jag but would love to multiplayer it with someone else...

Any Vectrex Owners (ones that work CROSSBOW) coming besides me?

You aren't the only Veccy owner coming to the show...

And we do have an individual who plans to attend that not only has a Jag...but has Battlesphere as well. Too bad I don't know anyone else with a copy to see how that works linked up.

Still, I haven't ever seen or played battlesphere, so I am anxious to see what that looks like!

The official webpage for the OKGE is complete!!!...Yeah!!!

Here are the basic details of the show in a nutshell:

What is it? A show where area collectors and vendors come together to show off their pride and joys in their video game collections and perhaps even let the other collectors and general public attending actually play on them!

What will be featured? This show will prominently feature systems from the pre Nintendo era. So the usual assortment of Atari, Colecovision, Intelly, and some vintage computer systems will all be represented. However, the show doesn't only focus on vintage systems and so, there will be a few PS1, Dreamcasts, and hopefully even up to the PS2 and Xbox will be seen. There will also be prize drawings for various gaming items. They could be memoriabilia or even game systems with games! There will hopefully be a few vendors present as we are still working on that (AtariAge?). And at current count we have about 5 exhibitors who will show off the key pieces of their collection with a strong possibility of more yet to register and sign up!

When is it? The 1st annual OKGE will take place Saturday September 20, 2003 so there is still plenty of time to sign up for a table and make advanced plans to try and attend!

Where is it? The OKGE will be held at the Best Western Owasso Inn & Suites in their spacious 1,425 SF 2nd floor conference room! This isn't the largest space but it should be plenty for a 1st show! There is plenty of space left still!

Where can I find more information? Excellent Question! You will find all the details of the show and latest up to date information on show events, exhibitors, vendors, and sponsors here:

okge_banner.gif

I hope to see you all at the show!!!

Archived