IGNORED

New TOD Game : THE TI SOURCE CODE QUEST!

Shift838

I started working on a new Tunnels of Doom Game called

'THE TI SOURCE CODE QUEST!'

Inspired by the idea that many TI source code to various programs have some how been lost or misplaced.

It's coming along... hope to have it out in a week or so.

Unless I get a bug to pound it out. ( of course all my honey do jobs have to be done first!)

Also using FRITZ's Tunnels of Doom Editor for the first time.

post-35187-0-56503200-1501305524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 7

Been working on it a bit more. I have modified most of the monster data to what I want. changed some of the monster graphics and created the quests.

I even played it. I had to edit some of the monster data afterwards as i would die fairly quickly. i also had to change the quest data so there was not a time limit to get the items.

post-35187-0-16697800-1501367983.jpg

• Like 1

I decided to use all 8 Quest. So on top of the Source Code folders/boxes to find you also have 4 floppy diskettes that accompany each source code box/folder needed to find.

I have also added a few monsters in there that are specific to some of our games, names have been changed. but you should recognize them.

a bit more tweaking and i'm going to release it.

post-35187-0-29342400-1501467676_thumb.jpg

I think i have finished the few changes I wanted to make. I played through it a few times and it seems to go pretty good.

I have posted it.

you can download the disk image from my site under the 'Software' section.

Please be aware that I pounded this out in probably less than 8 hours. Some monsters were changed along with monster graphics to a few of our favorite games.

FRITZ Soft TOD Editor is great... (PC Installed Software)

HERE

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 2

I don't mean to derail this topic, Chris, but when I saw you also have some Scott Adams style adventures, I just have to ask where the editor is to be found in order to create them. I realize it's a pretty primitive engine compared to the Z-Machine Infocom developed, but it's something I always wanted to check out.

So cool that TOD has new adventures being made for it so many years after its release. Kinda surreal, actually!

I don't mean to derail this topic, Chris, but when I saw you also have some Scott Adams style adventures, I just have to ask where the editor is to be found in order to create them. I realize it's a pretty primitive engine compared to the Z-Machine Infocom developed, but it's something I always wanted to check out.

So cool that TOD has new adventures being made for it so many years after its release. Kinda surreal, actually!

It's posted in the below topic. Read the docs. Hope it makes sense for you. I did a small adventure game first (The Locked Room) to get a better understanding of how it works.

If you need any help let me know.

HERE