IGNORED

Your favorite game, for me it's Beamrider

cvga

Beamrider's probably been my favorite game for the better part of 30 years even though I don't get to play it that often. I love the way it adds new enemies every couple of sectors and continually gets harder until the pace is so frantic it's nearly impossible for me to stay alive for any meaningful length of time. I had a chance to play it tonight and was fairly pleased with this score.

gallery_274_1978_19313.jpg

What's your favorite game? Why?

• Like 1

Bezerk is the 2600 game that spends the most time in my 7800, even more time than the few 7800 games I have. It is a great arcade port that has just the right amount of challenge to it. I always play it on variation 3 or 6, where Evil Otto is indestructible. Without Evil Otto the game is to easy, but with him you have this time crunch in each room where you have to move quickly from where you spawn and need to get out of there as soon as possible.

My 2600 collection is relatively small so Bezerk may one day be dethroned as my favorite. Right now though, it is my go to cart when I need to blow off a little steam.

• Like 1