IGNORED

Classic99 help?

atrax27407

I am struggling with the latest version (396) of Classic99. I now have everything working EXCEPT for the Usercarts. Here is an example from my .ini file for an inverted .bin file (it works in an earlier version of Classic99).

[usercart1]

name="512K Utilities"
rom0=3|0000|80000|MODS\512KUtilities_3.bin
The name appears properly in Cartridge->User and allows me to select the "512K Utilities" option. However, when I go back through the title screen, only 1 - TIBASIC appears.
I have sent an email to Tursi and am awaiting his reply but, in the meanwhile, I thought that maybe some more eyes on the problem might help. Substituting "8" and using non-inverted files produces a similar result. Ideas, anyone?

I went back through my release notes and never mentioned that 3 stopped working in INIs, but I confirmed locally it did. I haven't had any time to look at the code to see if I did that on purpose or not ;)

In the meantime, use '8' or '9' as appropriate for the type, but never '3'. ;)

Edited by Tursi

I went through the manual copies that I have and nothing was mentioned about '3' being inactive, The last entry in the change log (November 2016) said that both '3' and '9' both worked for inverted files. That's why I was baffled when '3' didn't work. Thanks for the help. Now, if Classic99 would just make coffee. . .

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have a wish :grin:

Is it possible to make a short youtube about how to add carts and then find it in C99. Same with E/A and all other possibilities. I have read your PDF, but some of it just dos not work and I don't get some of it.

What kind of OTHER files one might find online can be used in C99?

I have found some txt files with Basic and EXB, and used P&C and it works great. But over time I have collected a lot of different files and now I hope to get them working with C99. Today I tried Win994a and got >>>only<<< Carts to work. But there is a lot of disks and tapes. What is the possibles to use them in C99?

Your recommendation on how to structure files in C99.

You know a short "how-to-Youtube" :D Like loading from TI B with "tape", In EXB, E/A, How to add a new cart.

Another question, you who have been using C99 for some time, do you have like a lot of files in DSK1 ...2 ...3 ... and Mods? What I am trying to do is to get as much as possible to work in under C99. I know some of the files I cant open since I am doing it wrong or maybe the file is not compatible with C99.

It is a long time since I used the TI 99/4A most is partly forgotten or under a pile of PC stuff :grin:

Well its a wish and a do understand if there is no time for this. But if one do not ask, one for sure don't get...

I also have to give you a HUGE thx for making Classic99, Tursi!!! It is a GREAT program!

Mvh
Odd K.

Is it possible to make a short youtube about how to add carts and then find it in C99. Same with E/A and all other possibilities. I have read your PDF, but some of it just dos not work and I don't get some of it.

For 99% of cartridges, just make sure the files are named correctly and use Cartridge->User->Open.

Seriously, even I only do that anymore. it's not worth the hacking up of Classic99.ini unless the cartridge has an unusual layout.

What instructions in the documentation do not work?

Here is a video with the latest version of Classic99 by Tursi 396

and all the cartridges installed - https://youtu.be/Pz8Z99g0z7c

(there are more videos on my TI99 VIDEOS channel on youtube.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jwHlQfNTAKQ9WdKORAnpA/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

CLASSIC 99 .INI file

-----------------------------

Somewhere in this forum someone did a complete compilation of all these Modules!

What I normally do once there is a new release I copy everything over the old directory EXCEPT the .ini file.

Here is the .ini file (need to unzip it)

Classic99ini.zip

Here is a full image complete installed image (21 Mb)

BUT ALL CREDITS NEED TO GO TO THE PERSONS WHO CREATED CLASSIC99 and

WHO ASSEMBLED IT TOGETHER LAST TIME (Not to me)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vvzh9lv100t5ibs/AAA8s9ud8splkB5YRi9cbYS0a?dl=0

I have a wish :grin:

What kind of OTHER files one might find online can be used in C99?

I have found some txt files with Basic and EXB, and used P&C and it works great. But over time I have collected a lot of different files and now I hope to get them working with C99. Today I tried Win994a and got >>>only<<< Carts to work. But there is a lot of disks and tapes. What is the possibles to use them in C99?

Your recommendation on how to structure files in C99.

You know a short "how-to-Youtube" :D Like loading from TI B with "tape", In EXB, E/A, How to add a new cart.

Another question, you who have been using C99 for some time, do you have like a lot of files in DSK1 ...2 ...3 ... and Mods? What I am trying to do is to get as much as possible to work in under C99. I know some of the files I cant open since I am doing it wrong or maybe the file is not compatible with C99.

It is a long time since I used the TI 99/4A most is partly forgotten or under a pile of PC stuff :grin:

Well its a wish and a do understand if there is no time for this. But if one do not ask, one for sure don't get...

I also have to give you a HUGE thx for making Classic99, Tursi!!! It is a GREAT program!

Mvh

Odd K.

On my video side is a list of almost every emulator.

(I also have CADD PC99 and still need to be done, but the videos are focused on the additional carts and how

to get them enabled, like P-Code card, Gram-Kracker, TI-99/8, etc.)

Disks also work in Classic99

(browse / search in this forum there are discussions about it DOAD and FIAD)

* I normally only read .dsk files

* and for files to write I use FIAD

Look also in TISIM (tool for PC to look into .dsk files, copy them, etc)

(www.ti99-geek.nl) and direct link: http://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/ti99dir/ti99dir.html

Disk image writes work as well, those read-only days are over. ;)

And the INI doesn't ship with the emulator, so you normally don't have to worry about overwriting it (but it's wise to keep a backup in case I screw up ;) )

Perfect for the disk! (obviously I did not read the "what is new" documents! )

• Like 1