IGNORED

Atari 7800 Composite Mod

sixersfan105

I have a 7800 that I'm interested in getting composite modded.

Everyone seems to do the mods on the side of the console but I randomly came across a modded console on eBay that performed the mod in the rear of the console, which I think looks WAY better. Here's a pic for reference. Does anyone perform this mod similar to the picture, at least in terms of output placement? If so, I would be very interested in learning more about your services. Thanks!

post-47330-0-59234200-1501692925_thumb.png

That's where I typically put them, its a tight fit but it fits

I don't usually do services on other people's consoles (I used to) but my schedule is so tight its hard to promise timing, and I am always scared of totally borking some one else's treasured memories, vs if I get my own machine I can take my time etc, though if no one else steps up (which is unlikely) I would consider doing it for a small fee and postage both ways (unless you want new switches, in that case I would have to order them and its postage as well)

Edited by Osgeld

I put the jacks in the back like that too, but I'm with Osgeld when it comes to working on other people's stuff. The cheap $10 mod works fine in the 7800, if you have minor soldering experience. Drilling the holes for the jacks is the hard part. These old cases can be brittle. There are different mod boards out there and while the picture quality is fine with the cheap mod, it's still probably worth the extra cash to get a better one. The UAV board is the one most people like and it's not that expensive. Remember, shipping a console both ways isn't cheap, so you might want to look for a modded console for sale. Just my opinion. :)

Thanks for the replies, guys. Masschamber reached out to me by PM and has a console that he is going to mod for me. He sold the top half of the shell to someone else here on AtariAge recently that was in need of a bezel, so what I plan to do is use my existing top shell with the modded bottom once I receive it. Should get the job done!