IGNORED

** GONE **

Good_Times

I'd like to be rid of this and see it in the hands of someone that'd actually give a damn about it. I've never tested it, only opened the box a few weeks ago long enough to take pics. Looks shiny and well kept, but - ?

Shipping this properly could be frightening, but those details could be ironed out if need be.

Shame to see the old workhorse continue to languish at the bottom of a closet, sigh....

post-61233-0-92182500-1502232464_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-77827300-1502232484_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-22256300-1502232499_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-89273800-1502232519_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-89620100-1502232540_thumb.jpg

Edited by Good_Times
  • Like 1

Yikes, that was FAST -- PMs pouring in seconds after posting! :-o

I know that it's probably not worth much, hell it probably doesn't even work properly, but it must have some value. (Shell, components, keys, cord, etc.) Not looking for a 'fortune' for it, just the opposite - send me some 2600/7800 stuff. (Games, deck parts, sticks, cordage, etc.)

If you're anywhere near the 40505, we could probably arrange a quick pickup....

Not to hijack the thread, but I recently bought one of those cable savers by Ray Carlson and found that 3 out of four of my C64 power supplies bit the dust. Two were white with ridges and one was black but not the ridged one. The only one that still works is the black ridged one like in Good_Times pic.

I guess I need to buy one of Ray's homemade power supplies.

OK back to the sale :D

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread, but I recently bought one of those cable savers by Ray Carlson and found that 3 out of four of my C64 power supplies bit the dust. Two were white with ridges and one was black but not the ridged one. The only one that still works is the black ridged one like in Good_Times pic.

Heh, my C64 PSU is the black, ridged one. I guess maybe that's why it still works?

BTW I was going to mention Ray Carlsen's name too. Terrific guy who repaired our C64, which has a great deal of sentimental value so it meant a lot to have it working again. If the person who bought this C64 (or anyone) needs repair services, I'd turn to Ray, if he still does that kind of work.

• Like 1

I guess I need to buy one of Ray's homemade power supplies.

OK back to the sale :D

Bit better pic:

post-61233-0-51211900-1502493986_thumb.jpg

What's up with the RF cord? Male/male with a threaded bit in between? Also, the tips look awfully shiny/new for something of this age.....aftermarket, I wonder?