IGNORED

Is there a Pac-Man 5200 to 8Bit conversion?

SS

Thanks, it works. Did I understand that there was a safe corridor to sit and rest that the ghosts never enter? Is that in any of these versions?

Here is the comment from Pac-man Dossier. I've also included a screenshot of me sitting in a safe spot. You have to be pointing up and it took me a few tries before it worked. I think the monsters have to be in certain area's of the screen so that they go into the right pattern. Of course the pause key is easier. ;)

post-24519-0-02308200-1508381215_thumb.jpg

post-24519-0-15167800-1508381228.jpg

• Like 5

Cool. I can implement the speed fixes in the conversion. :)

Darn. I spent a lot of time disassembling when it's already been done. :(

Thanks Bob! :)

Here is the comment from Pac-man Dossier. I've also included a screenshot of me sitting in a safe spot. You have to be pointing up and it took me a few tries before it worked. I think the monsters have to be in certain area's of the screen so that they go into the right pattern. Of course the pause key is easier. ;)

attachicon.gifsafespot2.jpg

attachicon.gifsafespot.jpg

I was able to replicate the hidden trick... I tried before with no success, however the trick is to move the green ghost to down-right corner then go to that spot !

(probably, every corner works as well).

With all of the great conversion masters in one place, would anybody be willing to convert my hack of Donkey Kong RMT version to the 5200??

Main hack page

Note: Hacks wouldn't have been possible without Playsoft, Tep392, and Kjmann (RMT music). I know there are others that were involved along the way, but they were before my time.

Edited by darryl1970

Here are the files incorporating the improved much sound and Bob's fixes.

attachicon.gifpacman5200conv_fixed.zip

While you're stomping bugs, there's a misplaced DLI that I talk about in this post of the thread for the 8K Pac-Man Hack that I was playing around with, which is present in the conversion you're working on, and probably all 8-bit versions of Pac-Man by Atari (Roklan).

Edited by MrFish

• 7 months later...

While you're stomping bugs, there's a misplaced DLI that I talk about in this post of the thread for the 8K Pac-Man Hack that I was playing around with, which is present in the conversion you're working on, and probably all 8-bit versions of Pac-Man by Atari (Roklan).

:)

what all is being attributed to the errant dli? and it's in the dumps of both cartridges, cassettes, and disks? hmmmm.

fresh dumps from all sources and a fix should be done if that is the case.... Don't like that sort of thing hanging around ;)

Edited by _The Doctor__

:)

what all is being attributed to the errant dli? and it's in the dumps of both cartridges, cassettes, and disks? hmmmm.

fresh dumps from all sources and a fix should be done if that is the case.... Don't like that sort of thing hanging around ;)

Follow the link Doc...

• 2 years later...
On 10/20/2017 at 7:51 AM, Atari Nut said:

Yea, thanks again. Do you feel up to doing a 5200 conversion of Berzerk? The 8-bit version is only a prototype and "may" not be complete like the 5200 version.

I second for an 8-bit version of 5200 Berzerk too, and one of the complete (2012 finished) version of 5200 Tempest until an official licensed version of it becomes available

Berzerk.bin

Edited by BIGHMW