IGNORED

Need Ti99Sim Space Bandits Game Help!

GGS

I am using the latest Retropie with the TI99Sim emulator and have everything setup and working.

Most TI99 games load fine. I came across Space Bandits and after the Texas Instrument screen it just goes Blue and the game doesn't load anything. I remember this game was supposed to go to a blue screen but have words that say space bandits any TI key to begin but that screen never shows up.

Is this a bad ctg file or am I missing something to run this game? Has anyone gotten this game to work in Retropie??

I just tried on the RetroPie, that .ctg image also does not work.

Probably not converted properly.

JS99er.net has a working version online

I have the 2x BIN below, but they do not work in Classic99, nor JS99er (load cartridge)

so I guess these are not good.

Attached are the .BIN files. There is a TI99/SIM utility to convert

from .bin to .ctg (it should convert the ROM and the GROM)

SPACEBAC.BIN

SPACEBAG.BIN

• Like 1

Here is my .DSK

ASSMDS8.DSK

I have not tried it in TI/SIM (Linux / RetroPie / SonyPSP) to load a .dsk file

but I just tried it in Classic99 and works okay (1st screen is garbage, but rest works)

Use EDITOR/ASSEMBLER OPTION 5

then DSK1.SP/BANDITS

(there are more files on the .dsk, use a program as TI-DIR of www.ti99geek.nl)

to see the contents.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 8/12/2017 at 9:04 AM, GGS said:

I am using the latest Retropie with the TI99Sim emulator and have everything setup and working.

Most TI99 games load fine. I came across Space Bandits and after the Texas Instrument screen it just goes Blue and the game doesn't load anything. I remember this game was supposed to go to a blue screen but have words that say space bandits any TI key to begin but that screen never shows up.

Is this a bad ctg file or am I missing something to run this game? Has anyone gotten this game to work in Retropie??

Have you checked my version (download from TI99IUC) for TI99Sim? I'm surely checked it before uploading the pack.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blackbox said:

I have just had a game of Space Bandits using FG99 and the real iron!

This is the file I was using - the file is over 35k and probably only for fg99.  But it does work.

At start up the screen goes dark blue with a MB logo and title. 

spcbandG.bin 35.18 kB · 5 downloads

Just tested it.  FinalGROM99 with only a Speech Syth attached.  Screen just a blue screen and reset to FinalGROM menu.  Do you have any extra memory or MBX or whatever attached?  I have tried it in the root directory and folders.  Never works.  

FInalGROM99 v1.3 <,1/2>

Edited by jeff20

18 hours ago, blackbox said:

I have just had a game of Space Bandits using FG99 and the real iron!

This is the file I was using - the file is over 35k and probably only for fg99.  But it does work.

At start up the screen goes dark blue with a MB logo and title. 

spcbandG.bin 35.18 kB · 10 downloads

This works with Classic99. The Heatmap shows that the 32K RAM Expansion is used. The version supplied with JS99'er doesn't seem to work.

13 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

This works with Classic99. The Heatmap shows that the 32K RAM Expansion is used. The version supplied with JS99'er doesn't seem to work.

There are two versions supplied with JS99er. The one called "Space bandits" works, and is the same as the GROM only version. The one called "MBX Space bandits" is the one with the ROM, and it doesn't work. I assume it's using some features of the MBX that I don't emulate.

mbx_space_bandits.rpk

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Asmusr said:

There are two versions supplied with JS99er. The one called "Space bandits" works, and is the same as the GROM only version. The one called "MBX Space bandits" is the one with the ROM, and it doesn't work. I assume it's using some features of the MBX that I don't emulate.

mbx_space_bandits.rpk 14.52 kB · 5 downloads

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know there were 2 versions. ?

7 hours ago, jeff20 said:

So, does this mean it is not possible to play Space Bandits on an unexpanded system with FinalGROM99?

So far yes.. you'll need a real cartridge to run it on an unexpanded system, or spend the money on a sidecar memory card I have them in stock at arcadeshopper.com the TI is really opened up by having expansion memory and disk, right now I have the combo 32k/tipi card on sale for $45 which is the cheapest expansion out there.. getting you both disk/harddrive and memory expansion as well as printer emulation and internet access   you just need a raspberry pi to go with it 

Greg 

• Like 1