IGNORED

YM2017

chicgamer

Nicole!

I simply couldn't wait to order this up! I'm a sucker for all the demo carts and music carts I can get. Especially for the Genesis. The music samples on the order page are amazing, and I've been told this is with stock Genesis hardware. No added hardware in the cart pulling off this quality sampling of audio. So I'm curious and anxious to hear how it sounds on my modded setup.

• Like 1

In case you haven't seen this yet, a music cart is being released for the Genesis/Mega Drive.

It's a nice little novelty item. Not something I plan to pick up, but still cool.

https://catskullelectronics.com/YM2017

Also this isn't the first music cart for the genesis to be released. There are a few others and at least one other on the way that I've also preordered. Either way, it is all pretty cool to see these and even better to play and hear them from an actual Genesis.

Also this isn't the first music cart for the genesis to be released. There are a few others and at least one other on the way that I've also preordered. Either way, it is all pretty cool to see these and even better to play and hear them from an actual Genesis.

If I had extra money to spend, I'd definitely consider getting one of these. My money is tied up now, though. :/

Nicole,

I've just found out that the pre-orders for this music cart only through Aug 25th. After that...that's it. They don't plan to offer it outside of the pre-orders. I'm kinda sad to see that as I think this will be a fantastic cart and demo setup. But then again, with the LED visualizer on the cart I'm sure that is expensive and not the easiest thing for them to source.

Anyway, they released a screen shot of the interface and, it is pretty cool looking. So hopefully you can jump in on this soon.

Just as a reminder, this is the last day to pre-order for one of these music carts for the Genesis. Some orders have already started to ship and this is the only physical run of these carts that is planned to be made.

Like Chicgamer stated originally...here is the link for ordering:

• 3 weeks later...

Received my YM2017 in the mail box today! I've played through it twice so far and really tempted to video it in action. But it is a very unique item and one I'm proud to have in the Ivory Tower Collections! Thank you Catskull Electronics!

post-6-0-39836000-1505176019_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

For any that might have been interested. A 2nd release for this amazing chiptune music on a cart was announced last night! Pre-orders are already up and can be made directly at Catskull Electronics here:

Pretty sure this we be the last time this gets a physical release and really is an amazing project

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2019 at 7:12 AM, nooly said:

Hey I haven't noticed there's thread about YM2017 on AtariAge, nice! I was actually involved in it (I made second track ;])

That's really cool! I've only heard the sample of your track on the Catskull site, but I could definitely picture it being used in an action game or platformer.

• Like 1