IGNORED

Power cord adapter

scotty

So I found a good deal on 9V 500Ma power adapters at Monoprice, or so I thought. $5 each. Problem is, they are female plugs on the end instead of male. Does anyone know of a place that sells female to 1/8" male adapters? Does such a thing exist?

6116901.jpg

I wouldn't use one of these adapters. Either get an original or one from Best Electronics. I've read too many posts where someone used a different adapter and the 2600 didn't work correctly with it. All my original adapters put out around 14.5 volts, when connected to a multimeter, even though they are rated at 9v. As Alex said, 500mA is correct for the 2600. These cheap power supplies aren't very good, that's why they are cheap. I'm all for saving money, but when it comes to something like this, you want to get the right thing the first time or it ends up costing you more in the long run. There may be members here who have a working original adapter that they will sell you for a very reasonable price, if you post in the wanted section of the marketplace.. You can also check eBay or send Brad an email at Best Electronics.

• Like 1

If you REALLY want to use the adapters you have, you can cut the connector off and splice in the proper mini plug, either from a cheap donor from the thrift store or source some new connectors..easy to find online from parts supplier...Radio Shack used to have them. If you don't know or don't want to learn how to do any of that then I'd just go buy a proper replacement for the regular price...should be able to find one for 10-15 bucks I'd guess.

Only thing I do not like about the originals is that long, overly excessive cord that comes on it. Sure, I could trim it down, but that is defacing an antique, and I will not do that.

Only thing I do not like about the originals is that long, overly excessive cord that comes on it. Sure, I could trim it down, but that is defacing an antique, and I will not do that.

Really?!

You have to use the reset switch constantly, so the extra length to have the 2600 in front of you is a huge plus.

If you use a harmony cart, your switching the power every time you switch a game.

I grew up with getting up to switch channels on the tv and I grew out of that pretty quick.icon_wink.gif

• Like 1

Really?!

You have to use the reset switch constantly, so the extra length to have the 2600 in front of you is a huge plus.

If you use a harmony cart, your switching the power every time you switch a game.

I grew up with getting up to switch channels on the tv and I grew out of that pretty quick.icon_wink.gif

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Without that length, I'd be using an extension cord all the time!

If the length really bothers you, why not use a cable tie to control the excess wire? :?