IGNORED

Daemonsgate Lynx - Proto Inquiry

PikoInteractive

Hey Guys!

So I am not too familiar with the lynx, but we have acquired and inherit the rights of some Lynx games though the over all IP acquisition.

One of them is Daemonsgate which has a dumped unreleased version.

Any of you are familiar with this game? How far is the game done?

Some reports online say that is almost finished. If it is close to 75%+ we would consider finishing it somehow for an official release.

Any input is greatly appreciated it!

• Like 2

Hey Guys!

So I am not too familiar with the lynx, but we have acquired and inherit the rights of some Lynx games though the over all IP acquisition.

One of them is Daemonsgate which has a dumped unreleased version.

Any of you are familiar with this game? How far is the game done?

Some reports online say that is almost finished. If it is close to 75%+ we would consider finishing it somehow for an official release.

Any input is greatly appreciated it!

Hello,

What are some of the other Lynx Games you have acquired and inherited the rights to?

I threw this thread together a while back..

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/3334-the-daemonsgate-filesmisc-thread/

Press coverage..tester report on Lynx version. .my interview with coder of released version etc.

It's ahem ..untainted by my resident stalker and your newest fan.. :)

Which is always a bonus.

Lynx really needed something like this game back in the day..so if it is possible to get it finished..that would be superb.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Humans

I'd certainly be curious to see if there was an earlier version of Lynx Dinolympics branded as Humans. Do you have a ROM of this file?

The most widely dumped ROM of Daemonsgate is best thought of as an interesting, playable game fragment. You can fully explore at least three or four towns, and encounter a variety of hazards, but the game's difficulty ramping needs to be tweaked. There's a bug, randomly encountered, that endows invincibility, but I get it too infrequently to be able to use it as a gaming aid.

75% seems to be a stretch: it seems to have about 20% of the playable area found in the PC version, but there's also a lot of content that's linked to non-playable areas, so it's difficult to tell. There are companions in the PC version, but I haven't found any at all in the Lynx fragment.

I say that it'd be worth working on if there was a way to: a) create/find the spell list and b) fix the game's difficulty. It's too damned difficult to play the game without any effective defences and/or the invincibility glitch as is -- I usually can't make it out of Tormis two out of every three gameplays.

I think that those games are just other titles to which his company has acquired the IP rights for the Lynx ports. Although it might be cool to have a concurrent release of Switchblade II for the Lynx and Jaguar in PikoInteractive livery. :)

• Like 1

Full rights of the IP. Martin has no back ups of anything unfortunately. The coder said that Amiga version wasn't even started when announced, doesn't recall Game Gear or SMS were done.

Other titles are:

Humans

Switchblade II

Viking Child

Sounds like Imagitec Design to a tee..annouce it's coming on numerous platforms, without work being started.

No back ups...? Pity..

But i expect K is posting it up as prototypes exist as i speak...:-))

For

Sounds like Imagitec Design to a tee..annouce it's coming on numerous platforms, without work being started.

No back ups...? Pity..

But i expect K is posting it up as prototypes exist as i speak...:-))

For Which ones?

Another one we are looking for is Gadget Twins Amiga. Barry even has all the Amiga Soundtrack so at least it seems like they worked on something.

• Like 1

:-)) Could be any titles..

Your dealing with an individual who takes a claim from Rebellion that code might be on an archive somewhere..they'll ask I.T department as it's in the hands of Rebellion..

And that because Conan was previewed by Press code is definitely out there etc etc..

It's speculation of the highest order.

He and his merry band are an irrelevance.

I know you have a vested interest in securing lost code, mine was just causal..wonder what happened to..and if lost game status reports were actually true..

But given the utter lunacy surrounding certain individuals claims about who's in league with Reboot, threats being sent, anything you post on here, YT etc being flagged up, you create a thread on Assembler and it's a case of when..not if..your stalker will post in it..

You can see why many of us are sat here,cracking up at what's being passed off as fact.

I used to see their claims as muddying the waters..

But they have become so absurd and paranoia filled..

You realise it's time to put clear blue water between yourself and them.

Danger is you become linked by association with them..

Weakest dogs barking the loudest etc.

Barking be the key word here...:-))

Edited by Lost Dragon

Anyways swiftly back on topic..wish you the best of luck tracking down any Imagitec Design work..they had some talented musicians and coders,but were always better for conversion work than original titles..

And simply annouced far too much,for far too many platforms only for it never to appear..to be up there with likes of Teque, Virgin, Core, Domark, Gremlin etc in my eyes.

:-)) Could be any titles..

Your dealing with an individual who takes a claim from Rebellion that code might be on an archive somewhere..they'll ask I.T department as it's in the hands of Rebellion..

And that because Conan was previewed by Press code is definitely out there etc etc..

It's speculation of the highest order.

He and his merry band are an irrelevance.

I know you have a vested interest in securing lost code, mine was just causal..wonder what happened to..and if lost game status reports were actually true..

But given the utter lunacy surrounding certain individuals claims about who's in league with Reboot, threats being sent, anything you post on here, YT etc being flagged up, you create a thread on Assembler and it's a case of when..not if..your stalker will post in it..

You can see why many of us are sat here,cracking up at what's being passed off as fact.

I used to see their claims as muddying the waters..

But they have become so absurd and paranoia filled..

You realise it's time to put clear blue water between yourself and them.

Danger is you become linked by association with them..

Weakest dogs barking the loudest etc.

Barking be the key word here...:-))

All over My head what is this about?

• 2 years later...
On 8/17/2017 at 4:13 PM, PikoInteractive said:

Full rights of the IP. Martin has no back ups of anything unfortunately. The coder said that Amiga version wasn't even started when announced, doesn't recall Game Gear or SMS were done.

Wrapping up some misc work for other sites saw me stumbling across the old Gametek DOS version advert for Daemonsgate, boasting over 40 staff had worked on it. 

And I was reminded of this thread. 

Only a handful are listed in the credits on Moby games. 

I've spoken with the games designer and 2 other staff. 

GTW spoke with Nightbreed Project Manager, Dave Whiteman, who said the code was reused for Daemonsgate. 

And from there we know the C64 code was used in the Lynx version. 

Would you mind saying who you spoke? 

Only reason I ask is because C. U Amiga were the only ones to apparently review the Amiga version:

http://amr.abime.net/review_13996

Though Amiga Action did a preview of it when it was due to be published by Gremlin Graphics.. 

There was an early preview of the Atari ST version shown in 1992.

Martin Hooley was previewing the game in the Sega Press for both the Game Gear and Master System. 

Told Retrogamer Magazine it was also being done on the Panther.. 

But various staff from Imagitec have made clear he is far from a credible source, lied to the press etc. 

It wasn't unusual for Imagitec to annouce games headed to platforms before work was ever started. 

Be interested in hearing who your source was and if he meant game wasn't started on Amiga until long after being annouced. 

That C. U review is very suspect. 

Game itself got mauled very badly by mainstream UK PC Press. 

PC Zone Magazine giving it a mere 45%

Flat,poorly animated graphics.. 

Flawed inventory screens showing weaponry and ammo you didn't physically have. 

Dated on arrival.. 

Travel time between locations seemed horrendous, reviewer stating he spent 4 minutes in real-time walking along a featureless corridor. 

It was clearly Imagitec trying to do Ultima and Times Of Lore and arriving far too late with a still unfinished project. 

18 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Wrapping up some misc work for other sites saw me stumbling across the old Gametek DOS version advert for Daemonsgate, boasting over 40 staff had worked on it. 

And I was reminded of this thread. 

Only a handful are listed in the credits on Moby games. 

I've spoken with the games designer and 2 other staff. 

GTW spoke with Nightbreed Project Manager, Dave Whiteman, who said the code was reused for Daemonsgate. 

And from there we know the C64 code was used in the Lynx version. 

Would you mind saying who you spoke? 

Only reason I ask is because C. U Amiga were the only ones to apparently review the Amiga version:

http://amr.abime.net/review_13996

Though Amiga Action did a preview of it when it was due to be published by Gremlin Graphics.. 

There was an early preview of the Atari ST version shown in 1992.

Martin Hooley was previewing the game in the Sega Press for both the Game Gear and Master System. 

Told Retrogamer Magazine it was also being done on the Panther.. 

But various staff from Imagitec have made clear he is far from a credible source, lied to the press etc. 

It wasn't unusual for Imagitec to annouce games headed to platforms before work was ever started. 

Be interested in hearing who your source was and if he meant game wasn't started on Amiga until long after being annouced. 

That C. U review is very suspect. 

Game itself got mauled very badly by mainstream UK PC Press. 

PC Zone Magazine giving it a mere 45%

Flat,poorly animated graphics.. 

Flawed inventory screens showing weaponry and ammo you didn't physically have. 

Dated on arrival.. 

Travel time between locations seemed horrendous, reviewer stating he spent 4 minutes in real-time walking along a featureless corridor. 

It was clearly Imagitec trying to do Ultima and Times Of Lore and arriving far too late with a still unfinished project. 

I spoke with Martin Hooley.