IGNORED

Homebrews vs the original 59

Cousin Vinnie

Yes, I should've clarified my comment with the qualifier 'that I've played'. I don't have an INTV or TI and have never played their ports. I actually haven't seen a TI 99 4/A anywhere since I played around on a friend's unit in 1984. They don't seem to have sold well at all in Alberta.

That's okay, they didn't sell well anywhere.

I haven't played enough homebrews to say for sure, but I can't imagine leaving Food Fight, Ms. Pac Man & Crossbow out of my top 10 7800 games.

I want to see Crossbow improved with a native Trak-Ball mode added. The ColecoVision homebrewers did that to Operation Wolf for use with the Roller Controller. Such features certainly come in handy if you don't have a light gun or if you're gaming on a non-CRT monitor.

• Like 2

I have a tendency to think of homebrews and the original runs separately.

My top 10 for Originals would be Xevious, Dark Chambers, Commando, Ikari Warriors, Xenophobe, Ms. Pac-Man, Food Fight, Desert Falcon, Centipede, and Ballblazer.

My top 10 for Homebrews would be Bentley Bear CQ, Beef Drop, B*NQ, Dungeon Stalker, Super Circus, Pac Man collection, Meteor Shower, Frenzy, Asteroids Deluxe and Jr Pac-Man.

My top 10 for Originals may not change (at this point, only game I'm missing is Tank Command), but I'm still working on my Homebrews. There are still many AtariAge offerings I don't have but want. There's only 9 of the 7800 Atariage games currently on sale I don't own (Armor Attack II, Astro Blaster, Astro Fighter, Centipede TB, Crazy Otto, Moon Cresta, Rip-Off, Space Invaders, & Super Pac-Man) but I plan on getting them all. Plus, there are the other places that sell 7800 homebrews including some from forum members.