IGNORED

Xbox One Scorpio Edition available

cimerians

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B01GW8VG7O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1503261302&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+x&linkCode=sl1&tag=-10-15-20&linkId=d65959e4b04bd8f4352558d8852f32c8

I won't be getting one as I'm still out of console gaming, definitely does look tempting. Thinking about selling a white Xbox One S for this if it comes to my will breaking....

I almost missed out, but pre-ordered one today. The Scorpio Edition is already sold out on Amazon and at Gamestop. It looks like the Microsoft Store is still accepting pre-orders.

Looking forward to playing ReCore Definitive Edition, Sea of Thieves next year and the graphics and speed boost of the XB1X. Playing Elite: Dangerous in 4k should be sweet. Also really looking forward to OG Xbox backwards compatibility. The OG Xbox is my favorite console of all time.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

Man, I'm so tempted to pre-order the Scorpio edition at the Microsoft store but just can't justify the cost at the moment with all the other things I've purchased in the last several months. I think I'm going to have to pass for now, but I can definitely see myself eventually upgrading to a base X model.

• Like 1

project-scorpio-edition-xb1x-box-art.jpg

I grabbed the last one for preorder in my small town. Were getting 4 Scorpio editions in. I drove to Gamestop about 30 minutes after Gamescom ended,glad I did because I'd much rather pick it up at 9p.m. on Nov. 6th(thats the time the manager said they plan to begin selling them) rather than buy and pick one up in a huge line at a Best Buy.

Looking forward to playing Forza7,my God that game looks beautiful. First time it'll have real time weather and time of day transitions,its a game changer for the Forza series for me. The Scorpio edition looks really nice too,and that box art that pays homage to the original XBox is so classic. As a long time day one XBox fan since the original console its nice to see them remember their roots with that box art.

I pre-ordered one on Amazon shortly after it went live. I've been impressed with the performance of both the Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 Pro on my nice 4K TV (although the latter had a few sync issues here and there), so having a console even more focused on 4K can only be a good thing.

I pre-ordered one on Amazon shortly after it went live. I've been impressed with the performance of both the Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 Pro on my nice 4K TV (although the latter had a few sync issues here and there), so having a console even more focused on 4K can only be a good thing.

Does your TV support HDR? Sadly my 4K's do not so maybe there isn't any point to getting the X. I really wanted it but doubt if it is worth it since I won't be able to really get the most out of it.

Edited by jce3000gt

Does your TV support HDR? Sadly my 4K's do not so maybe there isn't any point to getting the X. I really wanted it but doubt if it is worth it since I won't be able to really get the most out of it.

Yes, all HDR features. Even 1080p HDR looks spectacular.

Our bedroom TV is only standard 4K and no HDR. 4K content still looks very good, but obviously HDR is where a lot of the real enhancements are.

I would suspect the X is a lot like the PS4 Pro (and to a lesser degree, the S), in that even without 4K or 4K HDR, you'll still get noticeable performance improvements (particularly frame rate) even at straight up 1080p.

• Like 1

Yes, all HDR features. Even 1080p HDR looks spectacular.

Our bedroom TV is only standard 4K and no HDR. 4K content still looks very good, but obviously HDR is where a lot of the real enhancements are.

I would suspect the X is a lot like the PS4 Pro (and to a lesser degree, the S), in that even without 4K or 4K HDR, you'll still get noticeable performance improvements (particularly frame rate) even at straight up 1080p.

Dude I hope you're right. Because I'll be upset if both of our UHD 4K TV's don't have some sort of benefit from it. I doubt my 65" Hitachi has HDR either since it wasn't the more expensive model. :( I will say that our 55" 4K downstairs looks damn good with my PS4 Pro.

I preordered one. Hard for me to justify, but made a little easier by my wife's desire to get a 4K TV. Now I feel like we'll be prepared when we do. (I almost bought an Xbox One S a while back for the same reason, but now I'm glad I held off.) And maybe the *TV* will be our Christmas present to each other.

I think I only have one game that would really benefit from this -- Forza Horizon 3 -- and it runs nicely on my PC and cross-saves to the Xbone. Part of me wishes I could get on board with this, but honestly I don't think I can see much difference past 1080p ... when new TV time comes along I'll get one for the HDR improvements.

Still waiting on Crackdown 3 and Cuphead, my personal system sellers!

• Like 1

when new TV time comes along I'll get one for the HDR improvements.

Yeah, for me I meant less for gaming, more for the 4K Blu-Ray and streaming stuff. Currently I have no way to get any 4K content on my TV, so if we did buy a new TV I'd have to either get a "smart" TV with some sort of 4K streaming app built in (which I know I'd only use temporarily, because those TV apps never get updated and always break after a while) or I'd have to buy another box at the same time. And I do want to be able to play physical 4K BD discs, for the better quality vs. streaming. I'd buy a 4K BD player anyway. So this way I figure it's one less thing to worry about when that new TV comes.

Yeah, for me I meant less for gaming, more for the 4K Blu-Ray and streaming stuff. Currently I have no way to get any 4K content on my TV, so if we did buy a new TV I'd have to either get a "smart" TV with some sort of 4K streaming app built in (which I know I'd only use temporarily, because those TV apps never get updated and always break after a while) or I'd have to buy another box at the same time. And I do want to be able to play physical 4K BD discs, for the better quality vs. streaming. I'd buy a 4K BD player anyway. So this way I figure it's one less thing to worry about when that new TV comes.

Even the Xbox One S does great with 4K HDR Blu-rays, so I assume the X will at least be just as good. I also enjoy HDR Netflix, even though not everything HDR on Netflix is 4K. At the moment, my only sources of 4K content are my Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Netflix, Amazon Video, and YouTube. Of course I can get 4K/HDR stuff from other apps, but some are either rentals/purchases or not that obvious. I'm looking forward to when stupid Comcast offers a 4K HDR box.

I saw the price, holy hell! I'm probably a couple of decades off from a 4k TV as it is, so I'll probably get a regular one, when I get one.

The price is really irrelevant. It could have even been a little more. The now standard Xbox One S is the low-cost entry point just like the regular PS4 Slim is the one versus the PS4 Pro. It will be interesting to see if/when Nintendo follows suit with the Switch, i.e., having more than one SKU of varying degrees of hardware performance at different price points.

I saw the price, holy hell! I'm probably a couple of decades off from a 4k TV as it is, so I'll probably get a regular one, when I get one.

I'm someone that paid $599 for a launch PS3, and that was about a decade ago, so $499 doesn't feel outrageous to me :)

Though I wouldn't have complained about it being cheaper, but I could have just bought an Xbox One S if I really cared about that.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B01GW8VG7O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1503261302&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+x&linkCode=sl1&tag=-10-15-20&linkId=d65959e4b04bd8f4352558d8852f32c8

I won't be getting one as I'm still out of console gaming, definitely does look tempting. Thinking about selling a white Xbox One S for this if it comes to my will breaking....

Um . . . how far out of console gaming can you be if you have an XOne S to sell.

Sidebar - how do your achievements for FF IV show up on Xbox AND Steam? Is there some way to link achievements across platforms that I don't know about?

Um . . . how far out of console gaming can you be if you have an XOne S to sell.

Sidebar - how do your achievements for FF IV show up on Xbox AND Steam? Is there some way to link achievements across platforms that I don't know about?

I got tendinitis in both hands around Oct. last year which was around the time I got my Gears and White Xbox One's. :( .....ended my gaming hobby (sort of). Another reason why I haven't been posting here a lot (don't like typing anymore). I'm still dealing with it but can handle keyboard\mouse\voice controls better than a controller.

FFIV shows up on Xbox?? Hmmmm maybe its the xbox app I have on my Windows 10 PC. I'll have to check that out....thats pretty cool actually! Been playing the crap out of it using Voicebot and keyboard

• Like 1