IGNORED

Xbox One Scorpio Edition available

cimerians

You could probably sell your SNES Classic for $500 and put it towards an XB1X.

^ This. If I somehow snag two because I'm angry at the current state of the market, I will do this exact same thing. So fed up with scalpers and people buying more than 1 that I'll join their game if I have to. I've seen even the average Joe buying 1 for themselves and then "1 for the brother/sister/family/friend/etc" which is basically still shitty since that's less available for the rest of us that want just the 1 to play. So screw it, I'll join the dark side and sell a second one if I can obtain 2 of them.

Whats funny as hell is I warned a few friends to get in on the new XBox before supplies are gone. But theyre like nah I'll decide later if its for me or not. And I know exactly whats going to happen,they'll suddenly get in a state of panic when they realize that even though it's a helty $500.00..... they'll want one at the last second and as with any launch,more than likely supplies will be gone. Then theyre run around, proceed to call me 100 times in two days searching high and low for the console,and plead for help in trying to attain one. Then 4 months later it'll be flipped at Gamestop by them. I've seen this happen with friends who've bought a PS4 and XBox 360. Its sort of consumer ignorance at its worst. One even called me when he found a PS2 in the wild just days after launch, and asked me what were some good games to buy for it. LOL. To be in buy mode and not even be educated on what its best launch games were,wow. All because they were too cool to stand in line for a pre order a few months earlier :P

I pre-ordered one from Target but don't have a 4k TV or monitor. Is the greatest benefit to owning an XB1X the 4k? Will there be a noticeable difference using it on a regular HDTV?

Yes, the greatest benefit is arguably the native 4K/HDR content. Similar to PS4 Pro, though, Microsoft has promised improvements in frame rate and other attributes even when running certain games at 1080p.

And yes, if you have a good 4K TV that supports HDR and a particular piece of content optimized for that, there's definitely a noticeable difference over a regular 1080p TV.

FFIV shows up on Xbox?? Hmmmm maybe its the xbox app I have on my Windows 10 PC. I'll have to check that out....thats pretty cool actually! Been playing the crap out of it using Voicebot and keyboard

Any installed PC game shows up in the Xbox app, for Steam games you have to manually add the shortcuts to the Start menu. Sure wish you can link up Xbox & Steam games, but as a launcher the Xbox app isn't too bad...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I'm going to have one, just not at launch. I really enjoy the One system and I'm pretty hopeful that the benefits to 1080p games will be pretty notable. There are some definite frame rate clunkers on the One and even PS4, better frame rates and super sampling for 1080p content is just an awesome idea. That said, I finally upgraded my PC recently after some 5-6 years and ended up with something that has all the "power" I need (for now). It's not like One has tons of unique content ya know? But just from an enthusiast, gamer, collector and tech lover perspective... It looks really good.

Personally I'm going to have one, just not at launch. I really enjoy the One system and I'm pretty hopeful that the benefits to 1080p games will be pretty notable. There are some definite frame rate clunkers on the One and even PS4, better frame rates and super sampling for 1080p content is just an awesome idea. That said, I finally upgraded my PC recently after some 5-6 years and ended up with something that has all the "power" I need (for now). It's not like One has tons of unique content ya know? But just from an enthusiast, gamer, collector and tech lover perspective... It looks really good.

I just replaced my main desktop with a killer gaming laptop with Gsync, etc. Even with that, I still prefer the console experience. Everything is still more streamlined for overall gaming purposes. With that said, there are certain types of games I'd much prefer to play on one over the other (strategy games on the PC, obviously, for one).

I just replaced my main desktop with a killer gaming laptop with Gsync, etc. Even with that, I still prefer the console experience. Everything is still more streamlined for overall gaming purposes. With that said, there are certain types of games I'd much prefer to play on one over the other (strategy games on the PC, obviously, for one).

I couldn't agree more. With my latest upgrade I ended up focusing on Adobe software performance, primarily Photoshop/Lightroom but I'm hoping to learn some video editing, that said I ended up going with a "gaming" CPU, the 7700k (amazing single thread performance) and plenty of system memory. After all my research I was kinda in tune with hardware through this year and long story short sold my AMD GPU for a very nice profit for the people mining crypto-currency and I up with a GTX 1070 for about $200 total. It's a great system, I love being able to just launch my programs and get to work. Really can't be understated how nice it is to just jump in when you have a particular idea or if your juggling multiple projects ya know? Outside of that it's amazing that any game I throw at it runs a treat, it's been really nice after all these years to pick up a popular PC game like PlayUnknown's Battlegrounds and jump right in and not even have to mess with the settings. But that kinda strikes at the heart of the matter, while settings are great to have access to it gets tiresome when you eventually have to consider what settings you'll need to adjust as the hardware ages- not to mention considering whether your hardware can run something acceptably at all. Outside of hardware and settings though I'm with you I love how a console is first and foremost a games device. While PS4 seems to really embrace this model I have found the One to walk that fine line between being a game console but offering a bit more and still keeping a tight OS focus on getting into your games quick.

It's a pretty good time to be a gamer.

• 1 year later...

$330 is a very fair price for a XB1X. You new to the xbox? Or upgrade from the one?

Did you get any games with it?

Forza Horizon 4 is fantastic on it. A showpiece and a super fun game to boot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

$330 is a very fair price for a XB1X. You new to the xbox? Or upgrade from the one?

Did you get any games with it?

Forza Horizon 4 is fantastic on it. A showpiece and a super fun game to boot.

I never had an original Xbox, but bought a 360 late in its life (around 2010). I just got a regular Xbox One in April for just $80 (with two controllers, a charging station, and FIFA '15, '16, '17, and '18). It was spur of the moment on Craigslist, because it was such a great deal. After a couple of weeks of enjoying it, I started researching the Scorpio Edition, and with having a 65" 4K OLED, it made buying one the logical choice. :)

I have several games. I'll have to buy Forza Horizon 4. Do any of my games take advantage of the X's 4k? Here's the list:

Transformers: Devastation
Call Of Duty: Black Ops III
FIFA '15
FIFA '16
FIFA '17
FIFA '18
Batman: Arkham Knight
Injustice 2
Kinect Sports Rivals
Titanfall
Forza Motorsport 5
The Evil Within
Sega Genesis Classics
Hello Neighbor
Rare Replay

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand, not a lot of bigger budget modern games actually run at a full 4K on the X (same with the PS4 Pro). In most cases though they still run at higher resolutions than 1080p. I guess the point is, lots of games are "X Enhanced", but are still not running at 4K.

Edited by Austin

From what I understand, not a lot of bigger budget modern games actually run at a full 4K on the X (same with the PS4 Pro). In most cases though they still run at higher resolutions than 1080p. I guess the point is, lots of games are "X Enhanced", but are still not running at 4K.

If most people think that X enhanced means all the games run in native 4K, then their marketing it as a 4K console is effective to the point of being misleading.

I compare it to setting up a new TV for the first time -- you have to know how to cut through the bullshit. Turn down the sharpness, turn off all of the digital "enhancements" meant to make the picture artificially more appealing in the store. Underneath all that fluff the savvy buyer is getting good tech for their money.

The same is true when new tech is being advertised. Xbox One X is an extremely compelling package in terms of the raw GPU power on paper. You get significant graphic improvements (resolution, framerate and detail level), which varies by game, compared with the underwhelming base Xbox One. Not to mention all the X-enhanced backward conpatible games that you essentially get free support for.

It's a great setup, it's just that they need talking points like "4K" to dumb it down for the masses.

Edited by DJ Clae