IGNORED

Team Play - Anyone Interested?

KaeruYojimbo

Some ideas for this Tourney: If we go with 16 players and 4 teams

~ Mod Picks 2 games for week 1. Team Capt picks what 2 players play Game 1 and what 2 players play game 2 on their team.... choose wisely.

Points are given... 8 for 1st and 1 for last for each game.

Each team will score between 6 - 30 points each week.

Possible max points for each team each week is 30 (8 points for first and 7points for second for each game)

(Most team will score around 20 points each week.)

Possible lowest point for each each week is 6( 1 point for last and 2 points for next to last)

Then for week 2... the team in last picks the next 2 games. That will give the last team an advantage and a chance to catch up in points.

If a tie for last each team picks 1 game.

Then the Capt will tell their team who is playing what game for that week.... choose wisely.

For week 3... same concept... team in last picks the next 2 games

Just ideas... you can do what ever you like... just throwing around thoughts.

• Like 1

Can we trade players mid season?

Teams would have to stay at 4 players (so no 2 for 1 trades), but if both teams agree to a trade, I don't see any reason not to allow it with some possible exceptions (captains wouldn't be able to trade themselves for example).

The draft will be sometime after the final HSC standings are posted. Maybe sometime during the medal rounds and then the season can start after they end.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1

Going with four teams, here's how the season would play out:

5 weeks. The first 3 weeks round robin style, each team playing every other team one time each. Weeks 4-5 will be a tournament, pairings determined based on the standings after the first 3 weeks.

The format of each week will be Team A vs. Team B playing Game 1 and Team C vs. Team D playing game 2. Players earn 1 point for their team for each member of the other team they outscore. Like HSC, players can submit as many scores as they want up to the cut off time (most likely midnight Sunday, with new games posted Monday).

Game selection will be random-ish. There will be a list of 20 games, each week I will roll a 20-sided die (Note to self: get 20-sided die) to determine the games for that week. If I roll a game that has already been played, I'll roll again until I get one that hasn't. Here's the preliminary list. The idea was to play games that are generally well-liked and not super rare (though I also wanted to get some homebrews in there) to keep interest and participation up. If everyone has Harmony Carts and/or is OK playing in emulation, I can replace some of the games with rarer titles or more homebrews. If there are players who don't have access to some of the games, I can swap those out as well.

1. Allia Quest
2. Battlezone
3. Beamrider
4. Berzerk
5. Dark Cavern
6. Dig Dug
7. Dragonfire
8. Frogger
9. Grand Prix
10. Joust
11. Keystone Kapers
12. Ms. Pac-Man
13. Night Driver
14. Phoenix
15. Q*Bert
16. River Raid
17. Scramble
18. Space Invaders
19. Vanguard
20. Wizard of Wor

Game and variation/difficulty suggestions are welcome.

Any trades that happen will take effect at the beginning of the next week.

Team names and logos are not required, but are encouraged.

• Like 3

Before this gets started, I want to put it out there that I am playing on an Analogue NT Mini system. It is a FPGA based system that can load an Atari 2600 core. All of the switches are emulated and can be manipulated, but at the moment there is no way to hook up paddle/racing controllers. Needless to say, I won't be able to play the games requiring those controllers. Other than that, game selection should not be a problem for me.

Also, I have no problems being traded as long as my move is being paid for!

Before this gets started, I want to put it out there that I am playing on an Analogue NT Mini system. It is a FPGA based system that can load an Atari 2600 core. All of the switches are emulated and can be manipulated, but at the moment there is no way to hook up paddle/racing controllers. Needless to say, I won't be able to play the games requiring those controllers. Other than that, game selection should not be a problem for me.

Also, I have no problems being traded as long as my move is being paid for!

Driving controllers don't use the analog inputs. What would keep them from working?

Driving controllers don't use the analog inputs. What would keep them from working?

Its not that the system doesn't or can't support them, its that the system only has 4 NES style controller inputs and a FDS expansion port. It has a USB port, but I think that is only used for power/charging. At the moment, there isn't a way to plug in a 9-pin D-connector controller. The developer (Kevtris) has cartridge adapters with original controller ports in development for each of the systems he has made a core for. I will be picking those up as soon as they are released.

I have tried using an NES controller with Kaboom, Indy 500, Night Driver, Tac-Scan, Circus Atari, and Demons to Diamonds. The system reads the d-pad input, but not correctly. Those games are unplayable with the standard NES controller. Even if the paddle games did work correctly with an NES controller, I would still be at a huge disadvantage playing against the Atariage HSC crew!

If a paddle game is to be played and I actually owned the cartridge, I suppose I could dig out my 7800 and paddle controllers. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of original 2600 or 7800 cartridges. That is why the Analogue NT Mini appealed to me. So many great FPGA system cores and games to be played on one awesome piece of hardware. I do have it hooked into a 27" CRT via component video. Old school feel with a crisp image.

I have tried using an NES controller with Kaboom, Indy 500, Night Driver, Tac-Scan, Circus Atari, and Demons to Diamonds. The system reads the d-pad input, but not correctly. Those games are unplayable with the standard NES controller.

maybe you could use the Arkanoid controller for paddle games?

I believe I'm next in line, in which case:

Brace yourselves for the Team Toiletunes Tornadoes! (shirt logo coming soon)

Yep. The draft order is now:

1. toiletunes

2. Vocelli

3. S.BAZ

4. darthkur

I'll be in

Hmmm. That gives us 17 players, which means one team will have an extra player. Rather than have uneven teams, I'll drop out as a player and just act as the all-powerful commissioner. Edited by KaeruYojimbo