IGNORED

Team Play - Anyone Interested?

KaeruYojimbo

How will you handle a round with a tie? Either add the entire team's scores for the round, captain vs captain, or something else?

Probably captain vs. captain. I considered having captains choose a tie-breaker player each week, but thought that might create issues with cut-off times.

Another rule I'm considering if I'm not playing on a team is the Commissioner Score. Each week I play the 2 games. If for any reason a player doesn't post a score, instead of a 0, the team gets my score for the game. Could be good, could be bad, no one will know until the round ends.

• Like 2

Wouldn't that overlap with the medal bracket tournament in the regular HSC? Would be a rather busy time for some of us.

That's just my initial thought. It could get pushed back depending on what's going on in the medal rounds. I don't think the draft will interfere though. It just involves the 4 captains picking players for their teams. There won't be any cut off time for making picks, so whenever it's convenient for them they can go to the thread and make their next pick. Actual game playing won't start until after the medal rounds are over.

I decided to move the draft back a week to October 1. If my math is right, that's the last day of the second round of the medal brackets. That should create less conflict since most of us will be out by then and the first week of the 2-week final round is usually pretty slow anyway.

I started putting together an Official IFART Website. It's still pretty rough right now. None if the things that look like they should be links are links, but eventually it will be another place to check up on what's going on.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just fyi: I'll be in a mostly internet-free zone from tomorrow until late on October 3. That day is a holiday in Germany, so wife, kid and I will visit a friend in France for a few days. I'll be available to play after that. So just put me in a random low-end workhorse slot in one of the teams - where I belong :-).

Just fyi: I'll be in a mostly internet-free zone from tomorrow until late on October 3. That day is a holiday in Germany, so wife, kid and I will visit a friend in France for a few days. I'll be available to play after that. So just put me in a random low-end workhorse slot in one of the teams - where I belong :-).

We won't start playing until after the medal rounds are done. Enjoy your holiday.

I just submitted the Tornadoes draft picks. If a player is picked up by another team, just move on down the list. This way, no one has the stigma of being publicly chosen last.

Edit: The fist pick is: DarQ Massacres.

Vocelli, it's your turn :)

Edited by toiletunes

The draft is nearly over, so I thought I'd take a second and post a tentative schedule:

Weeks 1 - 3 Round Robin

Week 1 (10/23 - 10/29)

Tornadoes vs. Dragon Slayers

Alien Invaders vs. Star Blazers

Week 2 (10/30 - 11/5)

Tornadoes vs. Alien Invaders

Dragon Slayers vs. Star Blazers

Week 3 (11/6 - 11/12)

Tornadoes vs. Star Blazers

Dragon Slayers vs. Alien Invaders

Weeks 4 - 5 Elimination

Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)