IGNORED

Tempest 4000

Gregory DG

That doesn't establish that Steam was at fault for poor security.

It's like a person blaming a particular game or update when they experience hardware failure. Just because you updated your console's firmware 30 minutes earlier, that doesn't mean the OS update is why your console suddenly died.

• Like 1

overreaction ??? My bank account got drained of all my money!

And you don't understand why, yet you go all voodoo superstitious against Steam without evidence. Wouldn't it be simpler to just detach your payment method from steam instead of uninstalling it and publicly declaring you don't know what you're doing?

Good luck with the bank. This seems like a good opportunity to perform a security checkup on your computer and bank card hygiene.

• Like 1

I agree with the others on here. You shouldn't overreact to the Steam thing. It's used every day by millions of concurrent users. It's highly unlikely that was the source of the credit card breach (unless of course you were on an unknown wifi connection or something). I know the times it has happened to me in the past has been at gas stations, which is why I have a dedicated gas card.

That doesn't establish that Steam was at fault for poor security.

It's like a person blaming a particular game or update when they experience hardware failure. Just because you updated your console's firmware 30 minutes earlier, that doesn't mean the OS update is why your console suddenly died.

And you don't understand why, yet you go all voodoo superstitious against Steam without evidence. Wouldn't it be simpler to just detach your payment method from steam instead of uninstalling it and publicly declaring you don't know what you're doing?

Good luck with the bank. This seems like a good opportunity to perform a security checkup on your computer and bank card hygiene.

I agree with the others on here. You shouldn't overreact to the Steam thing. It's used every day by millions of concurrent users. It's highly unlikely that was the source of the credit card breach (unless of course you were on an unknown wifi connection or something). I know the times it has happened to me in the past has been at gas stations, which is why I have a dedicated gas card.

I said "It could just be a coincidence"...

I said "It could just be a coincidence"...

Probably is. I do note in your signature another "eccentricity" (If I may be so bold) that I'm curious about if you don't mind explaining. It seems like you only own a Jaguar and a PC, and for the latter you're (or were) new to Steam, which of course has been the standard PC game delivery method for years now. Does that mean you only play Tempest games? I'm curious about your history with gaming and why you're so laser-focused on Tempest (and seemingly nothing else)?

• Like 1

This wasn't a "credit card" thing, The money was transferred directly out of my bank account...

I had 3 withdraws made by...

Zelle Transfer Conf#

With a diff name on each of...

trades, jason

Necks, Jordan

Wade, Jason

Does this look like anything you might have seen before or heard of???

And then I'll never bring it up again...

Update - There is good news, I got all my money back...

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 1

Glad to hear that, truly.

Thank's NP, It is a big relief...

I just got knocked down to 11th and then 12th in pure mode, Looks like I'm going to have to play more pure mode, And good friend of mine using my modded Tempest4000.exe and a home made spinner is in 2nd place... with an awesome over 8,000,000 point pure mode game the other day! He said his hands were shaking after that one! lol

Edited by Tempest Nut

Probably is. I do note in your signature another "eccentricity" (If I may be so bold) that I'm curious about if you don't mind explaining. It seems like you only own a Jaguar and a PC, and for the latter you're (or were) new to Steam, which of course has been the standard PC game delivery method for years now. Does that mean you only play Tempest games? I'm curious about your history with gaming and why you're so laser-focused on Tempest (and seemingly nothing else)?

I think my name says it all lol, I haven't bought a video game system since the jag and PC's got powerful enough to run any games that come out, But yes since the jag I've only played a few online games like "Combat Arms" and bought a few pinball games for my PC, In this last year I've only played Typhoon 2001 and now Tempest 4000 which is the best Tempest EVER ! well, at least my modded version with native mice & spinner support and the fake inertia that nobody likes is disabled is the best Tempest EVER IMHO...

I really don't like the direction console gaming is going and it seems like PC gaming might be following them, with no hard copy of the games you buy with them downloaded from the internet and stored on the gaming consoles hard drive and the game wants you to be logged in online whenever you play the game!

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 2

Okay, I got this today. But I'm confused... is there a threshold score you have to get to to input high scores? I mean, I have nothing saved, so shouldn't even my lowest score be in there somewhere? There's a spot for friends, and there are two friends scores in there, but shouldn't mine at least be 3rd? What gives? What's the secret?

Okay, I got this today. But I'm confused... is there a threshold score you have to get to to input high scores? I mean, I have nothing saved, so shouldn't even my lowest score be in there somewhere? There's a spot for friends, and there are two friends scores in there, but shouldn't mine at least be 3rd? What gives? What's the secret?

What mode are you playing? Your scores are always saved, You just have to switch high score modes when looking for your score, If you are playing pure then you need to switch to the high scores for pure...

Edited by Tempest Nut

Pure/Classic. And it doesn't matter. I've switched modes and online and offline and everything I can on the high score table. I'm not showing up. Even in offline where it should show mine. The top score on the top middle of the playfield records my top score, but it doesn't post them to the high score table.

Edit: AND... my high score is higher than one of my friends scores... so I should at least be showing up in 2nd place now... right?

Edit 2: Do you have to do something special to "post" them there? I can't find anything about this. Seems like it would be automatic... is it not? What am I missing?

Edited by Eltigro

For today and for now forwards for any members here I make this offer...

I have a modded Tempest4000.exe file that someone hacked for mouse & USB spinner support AND when using a mouse or USB spinner the fake inertia is disabled, For anyone who wants it just message me and I'll email it to you and I'll make sure it works right on your computer with any problems you may have! I've now got it working correctly and with great mouse speed on both Windows 7 and 10 and it works with homemade spinner made from a mouse on the cheap OR all the different high-end purpose built arcade spinners, You name it!

The only thing you'll need to get this is an "outlook" email account for me to send it to If you don't have one and would like this modded exe get one!

• Thanks 1

I'm reaching out to anyone who has come across anything like this or has seen anything about something like this...

I am getting a little desperate to figure out why for days my claw in Tempest 4000 will fire out both sides depending on which direction you are moving which would be normal and the way I like it BUT sometimes for days the claw will only fire out one side all the time NO MATTER WHAT you do which I very much don't like ???

I'm currently 5th, 7th, and 9th in the world in the 3 different modes of play but I could be better if I could get this problem fixed...

5th-In-Survival-Mode.jpg
7th-In-Classic-Mode.jpg
9th-In-Pure-Mode.jpg
Edited by Tempest Nut