Jump to content
IGNORED

Tempest 4000


Gregory DG

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jetusenet said:

Once (if) I ever get this spinner to properly function, it's going on my HD display, the music and action are amazing......

 

I just have not been able to play using left / right as my spinner......

 

Is there a spinner for the PS4?   Played T4K last night and loved it, but a spinner would be awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

 

Is there a spinner for the PS4?   Played T4K last night and loved it, but a spinner would be awesome.

Not that I am aware, and unfortunately, Giles (Llamasoft coder) said there is no proper spinner code in the game anyhow.

 

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88952#p1714823

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Not that I am aware, and unfortunately, Giles (Llamasoft coder) said there is no proper spinner code in the game anyhow.

 

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88952#p1714823

Well the Jaguar and Nuon coders made spinner code without there being an official spinner controller.  What's his excuse?

 

Not a true Liamasoft coder apparently....  :P

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, doctorclu said:

Well the Jaguar and Nuon coders made spinner code without there being an official spinner controller.  What's his excuse?

 

Not a true Liamasoft coder apparently....  :P

Giles "Goat" is THE Liamasoft coder and one hell of a great guy...

Edited by Tempest Nut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, Stephen said:

No to both.  Not sure what the first project he was involved with was - I believe it was Space Giraffe.

Well then, that tells us right there how he was not true Llamasoft to leave coding for non-existent spinner controllers.  :P

 

I kid, I am amazed in the programming of 2000 and 3000 to have an option for a spinner "just in case" someone made one.  LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When it comes to Tempest 4000 Giles is the Liamasoft coder, here he is playing T4K across all platforms he coded on which includes T4K on a Windows 7 PC 4K display using a SpinTrak USB spinner or a windows USB trackball for the same game, it's my guess that the code is there but is just disabled for reasons...

 

 

There is also footage of Jeff Minter playing T4K on a Windows 7 PC at the Liamasoft booth at a convention using his own SpinTrak spinner Giles made for him...

 

The first Liamasoft project Giles coded was Neon for Xbox 360, in this video Giles is showing all the platforms T4K is coded across, all on which he coded, it is my understanding that T4K is now on the Nintendo Switch which Giles also coded...  

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 9:43 PM, doctorclu said:

Well then, that tells us right there how he was not true Llamasoft to leave coding for non-existent spinner controllers.  :P

 

I kid, I am amazed in the programming of 2000 and 3000 to have an option for a spinner "just in case" someone made one.  LOL

non-existent? I play T4K on a PC with a SpinTrak USB spinner, I still believe it's a advantage that helped me to #1 in all three modes of play in T4K...

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Tempest Nut said:

non-existent? I play T4K on a PC with a SpinTrak USB spinner, I still believe it's a advantage that helped me to #1 in all three modes of play in T4K...

Yep, non-existent spinner controller on the Atari Jaguar.

 

Congrats on your playing on the PC version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, doctorclu said:
17 hours ago, Tempest Nut said:

non-existent? I play T4K on a PC with a SpinTrak USB spinner, I still believe it's a advantage that helped me to #1 in all three modes of play in T4K...

Yep, non-existent spinner controller on the Atari Jaguar.

 

Congrats on your playing on the PC version.

Wait - what?  We have T4K on the Jaguar?  You've lost me at this point Clu.  T2K on the Jag supports a spinner, and we've had working spinners on the Jag since 95.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

Wait - what?  We have T4K on the Jaguar?  You've lost me at this point Clu.  T2K on the Jag supports a spinner, and we've had working spinners on the Jag since 95.

We have T4K on the Jaguar?   Really?   😮

 

I know you are trying to have fun with what I said, so allow me to break this down :

 

The context:

Me:I kid, I am amazed in the programming of 2000 and 3000 to have an option for a spinner "just in case" someone made one.  LOL

Tempest Nut: non-existent? I play T4K on a PC with a SpinTrak USB spinner, I still believe it's a advantage that helped me to #1 in all three modes of play in T4K...

Me-Line 1: "Yep, non-existent spinner controller on the Atari Jaguar."

 

So in this I am talking about Tempest 2K on the Jaguar, and Tempest 3K on the Nuon.   And my second comment I confirm the Jaguar version. No reference to 4K here by me.

 

Me-Line 2: Congrats on your playing on the PC version.

 

On a separate line I congratulate Tempest Nut on his playing on the 4K version, separating the mention of 4K from what I had said, which it did not belong there.  Never did I cross the streams.  :)   If anything Tempest Nut crossed the streams by bringing up a spinner controller for a version of Tempest that I did not reference.

 

--------------------------------

 

As for this:

You: T2K on the Jag supports a spinner, and we've had working spinners on the Jag since 95.

 

My original comment:

"Me:I kid, I am amazed in the programming of 2000 and 3000 to have an option for a spinner "just in case" someone made one.  LOL"

 

I believe my original comment and your comment agree, just said in a different way.

 

While there were working fan made spinners since '95, as mentioned, "someone made one" but never officially released by Atari.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really it was...

 

Stephen

Quote

No to both.  Not sure what the first project he was involved with was - I believe it was Space Giraffe.

 

Then...

 

doctorclu

 

Quote

Well then, that tells us right there how he was not true Llamasoft to leave coding for non-existent spinner controllers.

 

 

 

Which made me believe you were talking about T4K and not T2K which was all Jeff Minter and we had been talking about what Giles had coded on Llamasoft an introduction "Ivan Zorzin (Giles)"

 

BUT now we all know you were talking about T2K, not T4K. 😉   

Edited by Tempest Nut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 11/26/2021 at 1:26 AM, Calle said:

Hi guys, is it possible for anyone to share the fixed exe so that I can finally use my spinner? I contacted TempestNut over a year ago but he hasn’t been online since.

Somebody at The Black Shack directed me to this; hope the mod works!

 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qKWMePSO2mbcrakJKV73b6bidUqyHK16

Edited by crash
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, jetusenet said:

Yep, that was it...

 

Although the spinner does act on the game, I would need to spin it 1000X for the claw to circle once.

 

I tried the windows setting for the pointer..... NG

I tried to edit the Registry......NG

I tried the hacked driver for the mouse/spinner and windows does not allow it as it is not a "signed" driver.......

 

I guess I am S.O.L..........

I'm experiencing the same problem, did you even find a solution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...