IGNORED

FuSiON BBS possibly down

Shift838

All,

i may have to power down the BBS for a few days due to the hurricane coming in. My area is being forecast for 10 to 20 inches of rain over the next 7 days. so if you try to connect and nothing happens then that's why.

I'm hoping for the best. getting all my TI stuff off the floor and unplugged to try and keep it all protected.

When tropical storm Alison came through we got 10 inches of water in the house. This one is supposed to be worse but you never know with storms.

it's starting to lightning pretty bad at my house along with the heavy rain bands (squalls). I have decided to take FuSiON down for the next few days, provided my house is not flooded when Harvey is done with us.

Thanks for the update- hopin everyone down in that area fares as well as they can.

The estimate that news agencies are stating is that more than 700 billion gallons of water have been dumped in Southeast Houston area. (My area!).

It just sucks. Water is out of the house for now but there are another batch of storms coming over the next few days.

School has already been closed all week here in Deer Park and i know my company has closed my location for at least Monday and Tuesday. Probably will be all week.

Once it recedes enough i may be heading out. but right now the water is so bad everywhere it's better to stay put.

BBS will be down until the storms are out of here, which should be by Friday.

FYI...

Following Harvey's aftermath and assessment of the damage at my house. I will not be putting FuSiON BBS back online for a while. I have rented me a PackRAT PoD to move everything in that is salvageable to prepare for renovation.

I have to do a 4 foot gutting of the house for walls, removed all flooring, all doors and probably cabinets. I'm sure there will be more that has to be done.

It's probably going to be at least 2 months before things get back to normal.

Hoping the National Flood Insurance Program does not try to put the screws to me.

Seems step 2 is working from my testing.

Insane Multitasker has offered to host FuSiON BBS until I get my house back in order and it's on a real Geneve too. He has placed it within a different directory and now offers an option at Heatwave login to launch FuSiON BBS (option F). It takes a minute to load once selected. It's great he could do this for me while i'm sorting out post Harvey.

I'm hoping within a couple of months all will be back to normal. There's a lot to do to get the house back in order.

So you can all launch fusion by connecting to fusionbbs.ddns.net:9640 still.

• Like 5

I am sure Fusion will be happy to be home, just as you will be glad to have all the work complete! :)

Maybe you and I can take a look at processing Fusion through PreScanIt! as an option to cut down the startup time. PreScanIt identifies all variables and calls, places them at the start of your program, and turns off the XB's prescan for the remainder of the lines. Since we are launching from HW, versus running as normal, this might be a good step #3.

• Like 1

I am sure Fusion will be happy to be home, just as you will be glad to have all the work complete! :)

Maybe you and I can take a look at processing Fusion through PreScanIt! as an option to cut down the startup time. PreScanIt identifies all variables and calls, places them at the start of your program, and turns off the XB's prescan for the remainder of the lines. Since we are launching from HW, versus running as normal, this might be a good step #3.

sounds good to me.

If it can be improved I'm all for it.

sounds good to me.

Launch time has been reduced to approximately 11 seconds. Disabling prescan was the big time saver. There was also a CALL SAY that was holding the system hostage for 7-8 seconds, as I do not have speech in my Geneve system. I thought XB was supposed to bypass the CALL SAY if speech wasn't present; I would need someone to confirm how it works on a TI system before I look at whether or not it is an OS problem ;)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I had to switch internet service providers and now I am having issues with the port forwarding. Xfinity does not see my UDS device to select from the Port Forwarding device list. I can ping it and login to it via telnet, so it's on the network.

I'm working to resolve it.

• Like 1

I had to switch internet service providers and now I am having issues with the port forwarding. Xfinity does not see my UDS device to select from the Port Forwarding device list. I can ping it and login to it via telnet, so it's on the network.

I'm working to resolve it.

I have similar problems with Xfinity in enterprise networks. Nothing beats providing your own firewall.