IGNORED

Splatoon 2

Rick Dangerous

Might be a case where most of the fun for both Arms and Splatoon 2 is in the multiplayer aspect.

Out of the two, I'm most likely going to pick up Splatoon 2 since I hear it's single player is pretty good on it's own this time around. Where I'm in Canada it costs 79.99 instead of 60, so I'm a bit slower on buying up titles.

Ultimately I'll probably pick up Mario Kart before either of them though.

• 2 months later...

So who has it?

My kids played s1 on wiiu for 16 months every day. I wont buy them a switch cause I am done with modern consoles and how fast they go obsolete and become a doorstop.

Splatoon to me was the best N game from smb1 till then..beating out all marios zeldas etc. Something new to play and no extremely lame princess plots.

Try splatoon you will see.

I put over 55 hours into Splatoon 2 (the most of any of my Switch games). While I've enjoyed it, it just doesn't hit the spot for me like the first. I feel like the levels, music, and weapon loadouts are a bit lackluster in comparison.

Its like a 80 dollar game here so not ever getting.. gams prices seemed to have jumped 20 bucks per game in the last 3 or 4 years. Used to be 59 was a new game.

So who has it?

My kids played s1 on wiiu for 16 months every day. I wont buy them a switch cause I am done with modern consoles and how fast they go obsolete and become a doorstop.

Splatoon to me was the best N game from smb1 till then..beating out all marios zeldas etc. Something new to play and no extremely lame princess plots.

Try splatoon you will see.

Was the doorstop thing really applicable to anything but the Wii U in recent years? Not every system can be a hit, but it's a safe bet that the Switch, PS4, and Xbox One series have many more years of life left in them, particularly with the move to upgraded models and maintained compatibility across even the oldest models.

We still haven't gotten any Splatoon game, although my one daughter asked for it in the past after playing it on one of those birthday party buses a few years back. I'm still debating whether our next Switch game will be Mario or Skyrim (my umpteenth purchase of the game). Maybe both.

• Like 1

I've looked at this but it does appear to be a bit to far on the 'younger' side of things for me I think.

I'm still debating whether our next Switch game will be Mario or Skyrim (my umpteenth purchase of the game). Maybe both.

I hear that. SMO is really good (and this is coming from someone who is definitely not a huge Mario fan), but Skyrim... Yep, it's both :D