IGNORED

HSC14 Round 15: Tales of Dragons and Cavemen

My poor result. I have no time to play this time :/

attachicon.giftales_2017.png

Hi Sikor. we appreaciate you posting :thumbsup: same goes for others who just post here now and again ;)

ToDaC was getting on with some serious point bagging 107,800 but the darn things jumped over my torch beam and got me. The cavemen are evolving! Next they'll have Ataris :D

BotD 1,200 seemed to clear all the rooms on the first map, went into the portal/tunnel but it still said level 1 and was empty so not sure if I beat it or whether there is something else to do. You can jump over the dragons fire, getting back is harder but you respawn to the room entry so it's not too bad. Yes Carlsson it's not a bad game. I went a different route to avoid the can't get up and over bit on the right edge.

Found a BotD video. Watching this I notice you can jump straight up and then move across not just jump up into the edges as I was doing!! What is going on at 1m14 seconds as he seems to be teleported past the corner bit that I couldn't get past -perhaps just a video edit (I since went the other way around to avoid this bit) ?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXfCYYDGwNo&feature=youtu.be

Current Standings updated and Round 16 poll OPEN :)

I tried this game... MAybe somedays, but for this day it is too nervous for me ;P

post-3328-0-58718600-1504818553.png

Btw: it is other changes on "Tales of dragons and cavemen" than flashing screen on title screen. Look at few version for example here: http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=T&tg=Tales%20of%20Dragons%20%26%20Cavemen#Tales%20of%20Dragons%20%26%20Cavemen

ToDaC

16,460 level 3

21,270 level 4

27,630 level 5 back to the start.

the 2nd run through is much harder, mind those square eggs!!

I tried this game... MAybe somedays, but for this day it is too nervous for me ;P

attachicon.gifbotd.png

Btw: it is other changes on "Tales of dragons and cavemen" than flashing screen on title screen. Look at few version for example here: http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=T&tg=Tales%20of%20Dragons%20%26%20Cavemen#Tales%20of%20Dragons%20%26%20Cavemen

:thumbsup: thanks Sikor - ok guys lets test these other ToDaC versions out and see what's what - yes that's over to you McKong :thumbsup:

I just tried all the versions on atarionline and none of them fix the 'flickering' issue as far as I can see. I'm having to try them in Altiirra for now as my 800xl died :(

Hope you can get that fixed - I'm sure someone on the main forum can help with that. I'd be mortified if it was my (original) 130XE though I have some other Atari models around just in case (good for testing my games on too)

:)

Reminder this round and the Round 16 POLL close Sunday morning :)

I've been playing the "Chaotic Hacker" file version with the flashing title screen - the Tales of Dragons & Cavemen (1986)(AMC-Verlag)(DE)[a].xex has a nice loading screen picture. Can't see any gameplay differences?

ToDaC: the more you play the more you learn... so you can not only climb down to your rope through the platform you can also get back onto a rope that is across a platform by pushing up diagonal - this is handy if you've dropped down one level. (107,130 today)

Botd 1400 points and made the door on the first stage but still stayed there and was hostile enemies so perhaps i've still missed something. Now that I've been jumping up properly (fire and up in the middle of the gaps then move across to land) the game is much easier. We could do with finding the instructions - probably on one of the ESC Smash Hits boxes...

The answer was NO! Congratulations to McKong for taking the win with Deteacher running him close. Tales of Dragons and Cavemen is a great game with lots of nice features, if only the technical issues of flicker and NTSC compatibility could be addressed this would be right up there with DK and Mr Do!

Breath of the Dragon is one that I'm going to try and figure out how to complete the levels, the animations and creatures are nice and the maps are small. Not as difficult as it first seems

Thanks for playing everyone :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Final tables

Tales of Dragons and Cavemen

1st McKong 150,170 14pts*
2nd Deteacher 137,900 11pts
3rd therealbountybob 107,800 10pts
4th RedThunder 27,630 9pts
5th Sikor 18,750 8pts
6th jblenkle 9,920 7pts
7th carlsson 9,410 6pts
8th devwebcl 9,050 5pts

*Includes 2pt bonus for highest level reached (lv10)

Breath of the Dragon
1st therealbountybob 1,400 3pts
2nd Deteacher 800 2pts
3rd carlsson 200 1pt
4th RedThunder 100 1pt
5th Sikor 100 1pt

Season 14 Current Standings Updated :)