IGNORED

JonLTKnight's Collection

JonLTKnight

Eben if i allready have a couple of video console and i'm kind of computer geek, i don't really know much about ATARI. I didn't have the chance to have one when i was younger. My father did have a Commodore 64 at one point but i scrapped it a couple of year after i was born. I don't even remember it. Anyway, this is my collection so far. I'll don't intend to get everything that exist. I do collecting mostly to play with the real thing, not to put them behind a glass.

ATARI VCS (Four Switches PAL)

post-61766-0-02953700-1503827043_thumb.jpg

Got it in a good condition, it was allready clean. But it came with the basic RF cable. So i'm not sure how the previous owner played on it. Maybe they got a old TV specialy for it. Anyway, i've managed to get a signal on my modern TV, but the image quality was really poor. I'm planning to make the mod to get a composite signal.

- Two original Joystick

- Two Padle

- Two third party joystick (with Box)

post-61766-0-40899500-1503827057_thumb.jpg

- Original Manual and guarantie notes

-Games

Only three at the moment, Space War, Space Invaders and Street Racer

post-61766-0-28687200-1503827030_thumb.jpg

ATARI 800 XL (PAL)

post-61766-0-89430200-1503827095_thumb.jpg

I got the VCS and the 800 XL in the same box. At first i was more interested byt the 800 XL, but it was sold as a pack. I've made my own composite cable, i had the luck to have a 5-Pin DIN connector lying around, i used a spare PS2 video cable to make it. Perfect image. I was amazed by the clearness of the image. Saddly most of the RAM is faulty. So i'm planning to change all the chips with new ones. I've read that i can use NEC 4164 instead of the Mt 4264-15. Not sure yet witch to buy.

- Two original joystick

- RF Cable

- Composite Cable (made myself)

Random things

- ATARI XC 11 Tape Player

post-61766-0-50842800-1503827069_thumb.jpg

The previous owner used it to play taped for the 800XL. Doesn't seems to work properly. The counter is broken and doesn't get back to 000 when i push the button. I will have to see how to fix it.

- ATARI SF 354 Disk Drive

post-61766-0-68299900-1503827082_thumb.jpg

Saddly for this one, i have the power unit, but not the I/O Cable. Beside it doesn't seem compatible with the 800Xl (correct me if i'm wrong).