IGNORED

Ken Siders has passed away

bikeguychicago

I had not put it together (did not realize) who he was, but I remember bits and pieces (Beefdrop, for example, as cited previously), and I liked reading Kenfused's posts (obviously beyond my technical understanding, but still interesting). Clueless as to who he was until now, I also morn the loss. What a brain. RIP.

• Like 3

I'm very saddened to read about Ken's passing. Such an incredibly talented programmer - Beef Drop and B•nQ are spot-on arcade ports. I never had the privilege of meeting him in person, but I'll echo the sentiment that I hope his family can take some solace in knowing how much happiness his work brought and continues to bring to this community.

• Like 3

I only vaguely knew of Ken from his A8 tools including his 'k' disks back in the day.

Years later I got to chat with him a few times in IRC and here. It was only then that I learned of Beef Drop and predecessor Burger Boy were his creations.

Ken, miss you already.

RIP

Edited by a8isa1
  • Like 3

Has his website been archived by anyone? It would be a shame to lose all his great work.

This. I hope that before too long someone who knew Ken and has technical skills to carry this out will compassionately reach out to his family and offer to properly archive Ken's work, perhaps even enabling the completion of any work he might have had in progress. It's a legacy worth preserving.

• Like 1

Very, very sad. I'm not on here every day anymore, so this is news to me about two minutes ago. I literally (literally) just pulled out the 7800 games for some play and just looked over both Bonq and Beef Drop not 10 minutes ago and thought about how great they were. A sad day.

Wow. I'm about the same age as Ken. Like everyone else, I've appreciated his contributions to the community and really enjoyed his homebrews. His legacy will live on in all the people that enjoyed and continue to enjoy his work. My heartfelt condolences go out to Ken's family. Nothing can prepare you for a loss, it comes like a swift wind and it just takes your breath away. Rest in peace, brother. You'll be missed.

• Like 1