IGNORED

CV HSC Season 10 - Round 12 - Popeye - Q*Bert - Q*Bert's Qubes -Final Round

Qubes: 75,840

Very underrated game. I need more attempts!

attachicon.gifQ-Bert's Qubes Skill 1 (CV) e 75840.png

It gets tricky once you reach level 5; at the point, the green-and-black finished qubes have the colors reappear when you land on them. What makes this more difficult to me than Q*Bert is the fact that you only need to land on them in Q*Bert; in this game, you need to flip them into the right directions to get each color to appear on the side where it belongs. That gets difficult for the ones at the edges near the hole because sometimes you get those correct, only to land on an already-finished square that you need to do all over again while evading everything.

Going to give the game another try myself today.

Three players - NCG, myself, and S.BAZ - with record-breaking scores in Q*Bert thus far. Guess we know which game is the popular one this round!

Geez, I didn't realize Baz's score was a record breaker as well. Thanks again Dugger. Losing my edge as the years go by. Maybe I have potty mouth syndrome.

Playing Q*Bert, from level 5 and up I focus on the the middle cubes first, leaving the left and right sides for last. I don't worry about using the flying discs much either, only when absolutely needed. I find it more important to clear the round for the 5,000 points even if I leave some flying discs unused.

Q*Bert's Qubes: 173,785

post-34560-0-63132900-1505063603.png

you weren't kidding Dugger! what a pain when Q*s jumps turn back the finished blocks! I don't know if I'll be able to get much farther than this. It was about to start making me get 2 or 3 tic-tac-toes which seems almost hopeless.

• Like 2

I'm having a difficult time trying to break the 400k mark on Q*Bert's Qubes again due to numerous lockups I keep getting while playing. The game is famous for locking up. Yet, there is still a way to improve your score. It is important to note that the more time you have left on the Bonus Timer (on the bottom right), the more time you will have to get the maximum bonus points of 32,500. I can usually get the max after completing Level 1 Round 4, Level 5 Round 4 and sometimes even after finishing Level 6 Round 4 and also Level 7 Round 4. I'll try to put a video together today to show how. Level 5 Rounds 1-4 really aren't that difficult, and you can end up with well over 100 ticks left on the bonus timer to easily get the max of 32,500.

• Like 1

Here's a video of some Q*bert's Qubes game play I put together earlier today. Had a power issue with the camera, thus the sudden stop in the recording. I was able to finish the bonus round after completing Round 4 of Level 7 for the maximum 32,500 points. But sadly the game locked up around 378,000 points. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Here's a video of some Q*bert's Qubes game play I put together earlier today. Had a power issue with the camera, thus the sudden stop in the recording. I was able to finish the bonus round after completing Round 4 of Level 7 for the maximum 32,500 points. But sadly the game locked up around 378,000 points. Enjoy!

I feel like a dunce for not realizing how simple level 5 was for one tic-tac-toe. You made it so easy by quickly going across the middle from left to right. I've never had that much time available on the bonus stage. WOW. Thanks for the pointers!

• Like 1

Aw, crap I forgot about EST again!!

oh, well

just for sh*#@!?'s --

Q*Bert: 326,760

attachicon.gifQ-Bert Skill 1 (CV) e 326760.png

Impressive. And what a fun final round with FIVE record-breaking scores! One in Popeye, one in Qubes and THREE in Q*Bert!

NCG, looks like you're the season champ. Congratulations!

• Like 2