IGNORED

Street Fighter II 30th Anniversary SNES Repro [iam8bit]

No I'm not confusing anything. I don't get why you are all confused by this. The MSU isn't a literal physical object, it's code for the SD2SNES that makes it do those wonderful things. Blast Processing was just a bs marketing term for Sega to try and shame Nintendo and some suckers by the millions bought into it. This isn't rocket science.

Maybe atari has a point, mocking him over buying one does sound kind of fun. :D

The MSU isn't a literal physical object, it's code for the SD2SNES that makes it do those wonderful things.

SO. WHAT. Good grief, you're insufferable.

Debbie_Downer.PNG

You ramble on arguing semantics of "made up" with drawn out diatribes about various semiconductors, coding, parallel universes etc...seriously, no one cares.

Games on SNES can now have CD quality soundtracks. End of story.

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 2

If Reggie isn't blowing smoke he said something in the last day or two that they are strongly suggesting people won't pay a scalper that they'll have ample supply. While that could be him being an idiot, it could also perhaps be a tip off that scalpers are going to get rightly burned this go around. It almost makes sense because they didn't keep pumping stores with more and more waves of preorder systems and TRU didn't even bother and rather just have a lot of up front for point of contact sales in stores. Maybe they really will have like 2-3x or more of them made than the NES one. It would almost make sense to do so because the additional good will from that could easily spill into the 3DS/Switch realm where a happy customer buys a few more books, clothes, cups, other merch and obviously games or another system around the holiday season. It's better off to blow more out and have that as a chance, than the opposite with furious pissed off consumers taking a total f Nintendo argument and not buying any of their merch instead. I think they may fear ruining peoples confidence far more this go around after the blow back last time.

Dreaming the only one rambling here is you. You keep moving the goal post and throwing words out there I didn't even say to make some asinine point that's pretty pointless. No one is arguing that it can or can't do stuff CDs are noted for (music and FMV) and all Is said was the MSU wasn't a physical item and you're getting bent out of shape like it's some personal issue. Seriously if that is getting you so bent out of shape, it maybe time to step back because you're taking gaming way far too seriously. Somehow no one cares, yet there you go yet again caring. Hi, Mr One!

Dreaming the only one rambling here is you. You keep moving the goal post and throwing words out there I didn't even say to make some asinine point that's pretty pointless. No one is arguing that it can or can't do stuff CDs are noted for (music and FMV) and all Is said was the MSU wasn't a physical item and you're getting bent out of shape like it's some personal issue. Seriously if that is getting you so bent out of shape, it maybe time to step back because you're taking gaming way far too seriously. Somehow no one cares, yet there you go yet again caring. Hi, Mr One!

1) Who, exactly, said that MSU *was* a physical item, or even implied the "physicalness" of it was a relevant fact? As far as I can tell, it only mattered to you, and now you're saying it doesn't matter.

2) Since when is code physical anyway?

I'm not the one who started pitching and irrational bitch when I said the MSU was made up stuff because that is what it is, a modern made up concept to allow the SNES to do more, and not something physical from the period. Why this started some crying rage monkey crap I don't know and don't car to even figure out as it's petty. I'm tired of this tangent and backward and forward. Yes I implied it, still do. It is relevant given the snark that started it. The only time code would be physical I would think is if you printed it out.

Look if this has to keep going, make another thread as it has crap to do with the $100 SF2 repackaging that pretty quickly sold out. I'm curious to see how much of them turn up online for scalping vs keeping, and in what amount given some of them are glow in the dark green and you don't know until you open it up, if someone opens it up, as some shelf queen fools won't want to dare open it up because it won't be new anymore. To what depths would someone go to figure out if their rare game was the rarer version without popping the cherry. I bet that would eat a few of them alive given the investment vs value.

You guys lost me with all those whatever the hells you were talking about. Can we get back to making fun of me for buying one of these SF2 carts now? SHEESH (by the way they are now completely sold out, just in case you wanted to know...NO, I haven't checked ebay yet :D )

Sure.

You get yours yet? Wondering if the PCB is new, or if they simply bought up a bunch of original carts and repackaged em. Maybe that's what the fire warning was for. :lol:

• Like 1

Sure.

You get yours yet? Wondering if the PCB is new, or if they simply bought up a bunch of original carts and repackaged em. Maybe that's what the fire warning was for. :lol:

Fire warning is to cover Capcom's ass legally for people trying to plug this cartridge into their 25 year old systems, and no other reason.

And it's already up to 200 on ebay? The speculators started quick. You'd think at least they wait till the product ships. Anyways, that's a quick double of cash for a sealed product. Opening it up will drop that price, but then you'll never know if you got the Blanka Green one. I'll be interested to see what that goes for. See, isn't this fun? Aren't you having fun yet?

I have a feeling they shot up in price for the same reason every new "collectible" is shooting up in price...

There's people who spend all their time scalping "collectible" items now. I wonder when we hit a breaking point of the only people buying these items is the people trying to resell them? :lol:

SNES preorder was tanked intentionally, yet look at the news out moments ago.

They changed their mind in two ways. SNES will keep production well into 2018.

They also are going to re-sell on the market again more NES CE models in 2018 (summer) too.

Seems Nintendo wants to right some wrongs and stick a knife into the backs of scalper garbage who continue to attempt hosing people over the things.

They changed their mind in two ways. SNES will keep production well into 2018.

They also are going to re-sell on the market again more NES CE models in 2018 (summer) too.

Seems Nintendo wants to right some wrongs and stick a knife into the backs of scalper garbage who continue to attempt hosing people over the things.

If this is indeed true, then it is good news.

• Like 1