IGNORED

How much is too much?

GeekDragon

Most of us get upset and start pondering when our collections become unusable due to clutter and easy access, or excessive cost to maintain, or become mentally overwhelming. Maybe even when the spousal unit starts making noise or

I wonder if there is a "number of systems" that when once crossed means "too much". For me it's about 15, but that number includes some handheld pocket computers and calcs; which consume very little space. With the rest being a few full-size contemporary and retro PC'ish computers.

You know you have too mny when you try to set up multiple systems so friends can try them out... then realize you don't actually have any friends to show them off to.

Yeah..lol! I remember doing a rock concert once at the age 11 and my cousin the drummer was supposed to invite everyone. He got drunk and forgot to invite people.

He sang O Canada thru the PA for the opening ceremonies and pulled it out and pissed all over the stage we set up..

We just grabbed guitars and went home...

I might meet up with a friend this weekend been years that anyone came to visit..

Nobody wants to play atari in their underwear anymore..

• Like 1

You know you have too mny when you try to set up multiple systems so friends can try them out... then realize you don't actually have any friends to show them off to.

That’s when you start inviting random neighbors over for dinner. And you mention over dinner that you have a small interest in Retro gaming. Then your significant other gives them that look, and your ready for confession. And if you play your cards right you might get a new player 2. It’s almost worked for me a couple times.

Nobody wants to play atari in their underwear anymore..

That’s when you start inviting random neighbors over for dinner. And you mention over dinner that you have a small interest in Retro gaming. Then your significant other gives them that look, and your ready for confession. And if you play your cards right you might get a new player 2. It’s almost worked for me a couple times.

This becomes a problem.. or not! If they become *special* friends. :P

• Like 1

Thats when you start inviting random neighbors over for dinner. And you mention over dinner that you have a small interest in Retro gaming. Then your significant other gives them that look, and your ready for confession. And if you play your cards right you might get a new player 2. Its almost worked for me a couple times.

I have tried that before with my wifes friends.. they pretty much thought I was a deranged nerd.

I was going to write in crayon all over the walls "Have you played atari today?" VCS is Life!" But thought they might think I am crazy..

I go into detail with people about the carts and the homebrews and whatnot seems I just go too far.

• Like 1

I have tried that before with my wifes friends.. they pretty much thought I was a deranged nerd.

I was going to write in crayon all over the walls "Have you played atari today?" VCS is Life!" But thought they might think I am crazy..

I go into detail with people about the carts and the homebrews and whatnot seems I just go too far.

I went into some extensive detail about my Vectrex collection one time with a random guy at my brother in laws house. The guy proceeded to tell me about his complete Neo Geo AES collection. I was blown away. I wanted to go over to the guys house and see it that night, but I had to get going. He admitted to always wanting a Vectrex and I admitted that I’ll never be able to afford a complete aes collection. That was the one and only random experience about retro gaming that I have ever had turn out sort of normal. Edited by adamchevy

I enjoy the fact that I am surrounded by nerds at work. Even the one woman who is in the immediate vicinity is married to someone who could be my best friend. One day randomly I struck up a conversation with one of them there and he'd said that he had always been a Sega fan instead of Nintendo and had a Sega Master System (which is what we went to when I stupidly ruined our Happy 1050). It amazed me because in the USA hardly ANYONE had a SMS. If only Atari (Warner) had released the 7800 at the time they were supposed. Instead of ranting about how much the currently non-existent Ataribox is going to be, we could be saying how cool the....

Oh who am I kidding, what the crap model number would come after having 4 more generations after that? If we had 2600.. doubled 5200, add another 2600=7800.. 10400, 1300, 15,600... and finaly the 18,200.

So I say that the Ataribox should be called the Atari 18,200!