IGNORED

changing belts on 1010 program recorder

Swami

On my 1010 program recorder, the FF/play caster only spins about a quarter turn and stops, so I figure it is the belts. I open it up and the belt that is the problem goes under the structures inside, so I start unscrewing the screws. Three of the five come out easy and the last two will not budge, no matter what. I sprayed some detoxit on them and left them sit for 30 min. Still won't budge. They put some red glue on screw heads during manufacture, so I don't know if that is causing it or they were just tightened to much. They are only screwed into plastic, so this is surprising. How do I get these gosh darn screws out to change the FF/play belt? Thanks.

• Like 1

Well, once the bottom cover is removed, you need only one screw to unscrew and one to loosen.

I would recommend referring to the field service manual, page 3-10, section REPLACING THE 1010C DRIVE BELT.

... I wish a field service manual for XC-12 was available too...

Edited by baktra

Thank you. Instruction manuals are always helpful! :-D The shield that needs to be removed was apparently already removed by the previous owner, perhaps. I was trying to also replace the counter belt, which seemed even more loose, since the belts came as a pair. But I replaced just the drive belt and the FF/play/rewind and counter all seem to work properly, so I guess I'll just leave it be and hope the counter belt continues to hold up.

This is what it looked like when I opened it:

post-46420-0-78311900-1461672027.jpg

• Like 2

Well, once the bottom cover is removed, you need only one screw to unscrew and one to loosen.

I would recommend referring to the field service manual, page 3-10, section REPLACING THE 1010C DRIVE BELT.

Replaced just the drive belt and seems mechanically okay. Tried to load pre-recorded "Space Invaders" and after turning on with Start pressed down, pressing play and return the monitor beeps a few time after a few seconds and I get BOOT ERROR, several times in a row. It boots and plays fine on my brand new XC12 using same procedure. I suppose need to try cleaning heads and then realign heads. :(

Replaced just the drive belt and seems mechanically okay. Tried to load pre-recorded "Space Invaders" and after turning on with Start pressed down, pressing play and return the monitor beeps a few time after a few seconds and I get BOOT ERROR, several times in a row. It boots and plays fine on my brand new XC12 using same procedure. I suppose need to try cleaning heads and then realign heads. :(