IGNORED

Panels & Schedule are up

Panels and Schedule. Looks like the panel John & I will be on is currently scheduled for Saturday at 3.

Atari Anniversary Series: Old Consoles Never Die

Speakers: Tim Lapetino, Howard Scott Warshaw, Darrell Spice Jr. and John Champeau

Description: Part of our Atari 2600 Anniversary Panel Series, "The Art of Atari" author Tim Lapetino will moderate this panel exploring the continued appeal of writing new games for the Atari 2600 and other classic game consoles. Tim is joined by Howard Scott Warshaw, creator of two of the most iconic Atari games ever written: E.T. and Yar's Revenge. Also on hand are long-time homebrew game designers Darrell Spice Jr. and John Champeau whose games, many of which are published by AtariAge.com, push the boundaries of what was thought possible on the 2600 hardware.

Join this conversation spanning 40 years of gaming history and you will leave with a better understanding of the foundation of the modern video game industry.

• Like 5

Panel description's been updated:

Atari Anniversary Series: Old Consoles Never Die

Speakers: Tim Lapetino, Howard Scott Warshaw, Darrell Spice Jr., John Champeau and Al Yarusso

Description: Part of our Atari 2600 Anniversary Panel Series, "The Art of Atari" author Tim Lapetino will moderate this panel exploring the continued appeal of writing new games for the Atari 2600 and other classic game consoles. Tim is joined by Howard Scott Warshaw, creator of two of the most iconic Atari games ever written: E.T. and Yar's Revenge. Also on hand are long-time homebrew game designers Darrell Spice Jr. and John Champeau whose games, many of which are published by AtariAge.com, push the boundaries of what was thought possible on the 2600 hardware. Al Yarusso, the owner of AtariAge, will round out the panel.

Join this conversation spanning 40 years of gaming history and you will leave with a better understanding of the foundation of the modern video game industry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could go to all of these. It'll be difficult enough to escape the booth for an hour to do the one panel above..

..Al

I just noticed we're committed for 2 hours. After the panel, Saturday from 3-3:45 in Auditorium C, we're blocked in for an autograph session in the museum from 4-4:45.

I just noticed we're committed for 2 hours. After the panel, Saturday from 3-3:45 in Auditorium C, we're blocked in for an autograph session in the museum from 4-4:45.

I'm not sure I can be away from the booth for two hours, and I can't imagine anyone wanting my autograph..

..Al

I'm not sure I can be away from the booth for two hours, and I can't imagine anyone wanting my autograph..

..Al

I'm going to bribe 500 people, so be ready! LOL you don't need to be there for the whole 45 minutes, just show up at the start and sign all the ones that are there. when those are done you can go back to your booth.

Rick

I'm going to bribe 500 people, so be ready! LOL you don't need to be there for the whole 45 minutes, just show up at the start and sign all the ones that are there. when those are done you can go back to your booth.

Rick

Are you into identity theft? Why do you want Al's signature. :P :D I wish I could go, sounds like quite the turnout again.

• 4 weeks later...

Panel videos are showing up here.

Watched a bit of The Story of Q*Bert last night, didn't know about Faster Harder More Challenging Q*Bert prototype. The ROM's been released for use with MAME, though you'll have to find it as it's not with the other free ROMs on the MAME site.

• Like 2