IGNORED

EP serial number 7800

AtariAwesomeness!

Such a low serial number unit from the original '84 released systems. I'm not sure I could bring myself to mod that in any way. If I did I would run the wires and connectors externally through an opening already in the case and attach that way so that I could easily reverse everything afterwards if I needed or wanted it back to stock.

• Like 1

I've always wondered, because my '84 made 7800 is the same way...notice the larger socket used as opposed to the size of the actual System OS rom? Wonder what they were originally intending to put into that socket? Or...maybe they were just didn't have enough 24pin sockets for both RAM chips and the OS chip? I don't know just always found it weird there is a 28-pin socket installed with VIAs on the PCB for it but yes the OS rom was only a 24pin package.

• Like 1

I've always wondered, because my '84 made 7800 is the same way...notice the larger socket used as opposed to the size of the actual System OS rom? Wonder what they were originally intending to put into that socket? Or...maybe they were just didn't have enough 24pin sockets for both RAM chips and the OS chip? I don't know just always found it weird there is a 28-pin socket installed with VIAs on the PCB for it but yes the OS rom was only a 24pin package.

The BIOS with a built in game was larger and needed a 28 pin chip. It's utilized on the PAL models with Asteroids built in but not on the NTSC version which is without a built in game.

A thing of beauty - but $68 at a GoodWill?! Damn are they getting expensive. Same with the Salvation Army's by us. Price of certain things, CD's and DVD's especially... keep climbing. But only at those two places though, as if they value record club CD's and common DVD's more than everyone else for some strange reason. :lol:

A thing of beauty - but $68 at a GoodWill?! Damn are they getting expensive. Same with the Salvation Army's by us. Price of certain things, CD's and DVD's especially... keep climbing. But only at those two places though, as if they value record club CD's and common DVD's more than everyone else for some strange reason. :lol:

My apologies... To clarify, it was a good will store selling it on E-bay

• Like 1