IGNORED

Rockstar bringing L.A. Noire to Switch

Rev

Oh wow I remember that game, PS3 I think. I almost bought it but then didn't as a mix of annoyance at it being a skip, and then just having too much to bother with anyway at the time. Rockstar has never really given Nintendo fair console support outside of some solid conversions on the Wii to the best of that ones ability (Bully, Manhunt, Ping Pong, etc) but they left off the GTA style stuff completely to their handhelds which were done in solid style. Perhaps it's them seeing Switch as a handheld and doing it, or finally got over whatever beef they had against Nintendo consoles. It's an older game, but hopefully given the format it ends up priced smartly and sells well to justify more.

I'm sure a bunch of ports of last-gen games isn't really going to convert the larger mainstream... but honestly, I find it a welcome trend. I really checked out of modern gaming after the first two years of the Xbox 360, which did wonders for my budget and sanity, but I'm sure it did come at the expense of some really good games I missed. If this continues, I'll be able to sample the games that were good enough to revisit.

Again, a sign that's more positive than not.

I think I have this on PS3 already, although if I do I still haven't played it. (one of the impulse used game purchases) That probably means I won't have too much interest in picking it up on switch, unlike Cave Story+ which I didn't already have somewhere else.

Then again since this version will have all the previous DLC rolled into it, that's a pro point to picking it up. However ultimately I'll probably only pick it up if it's a physical release which they didn't really say in the article.

I'd be a little worried about how they word "will include all of the previously released DLC" however. Would almost make you wonder if they're planning completely new DLC to sell separately which ends up defeating the purpose of wanting a complete game.

Eh, I'll just keep an eye at gamestop to see if it shows up.

I don't know, they might. But if you think about it you'll also have that thing going for it that it's kind of a budget release price wise, and it's a remaster going to all 3. Do they usually do more DLC to their other remasters at rockstar? That might give an idea. It seems to me it looks more like a one and done to make some money just stuffing out a remastered old game with a new coat of paint and all the goodies they charged extra after the fact for at one low price.

Love to see them also remaster BULLY for modern consoles. That game was pretty great too.

I think it works pretty well on mobile. That's enough modern console for me these days. ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bully-anniversary-edition/id1148321705?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rockstargames.bully&hl=en

Love to see them also remaster BULLY for modern consoles. That game was pretty great too.

Day one purchase!!! The more precise joycons would be better for some of the Bully mini games too. Got stuck on a few with the Wii Motes, like fixing the bike chain or repairing the BMX bike, whatever it was. Rage quit!! Still an amazing game and would love to see it on a modern console.

Well if Bully is already on Android I would imagine it couldn't be too much of a stretch if they felt there was money in it to stuff that on the Switch given the ARM/Tegra architecture along with anything else they've converted/remastered into that format. Maybe if LA Noire sells well better than expected they might be encouraged by it. Bully did make it to the Wii strangely enough so it's not a huge stretch.

• 3 months later...

Well if Bully is already on Android I would imagine it couldn't be too much of a stretch if they felt there was money in it to stuff that on the Switch given the ARM/Tegra architecture along with anything else they've converted/remastered into that format. Maybe if LA Noire sells well better than expected they might be encouraged by it. Bully did make it to the Wii strangely enough so it's not a huge stretch.

The early VALVE games like Half-Life 2 and Portal are on Nvidia Shield, too. I'm sure the Switch could run them fine, it's just a question of whether anyone bothers to port them over, and if there's enough of a paying market to make it worthwhile.

Same thing for the older Rockstar games like GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas.

• 1 year later...